A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
So last night as I laid awake in the dark I started humming the X-Files opening theme which then led my brain down the path of what are some of the most memorable TV Themes. There are a few that always stuck with me, whether they are good or bad they are in my head and will bubble to the service randomly.

The obvious discussion points for me are

Twin Peaks
The X-Files
The Twilight Zone
Star Trek
Star Trek TNG
Star Trek DS9 (shut up I watched a lot of Star Trek in my youth)
Doctor Who (the one with David Tennant is the one I'm most familiar with)

As for stuff that has catchy songs for their openings

DuckTales
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Adventure Time

Funny enough, the new version of DuckTales from a few years ago has wonderful reimagining of the original song that gets stuck in my head for hours. I actually like it way more than the original.

What are some themes that get stuck in your head? Or just have stuck with you over the years?

Any deep cuts that you really appreciate that may not get recognized due to not being super popular shows?
By inksb
Oh man @tex I've never heard that or at least don't remember it but I love it lol. The "yeah, yeah, yeaaaaah" fucking got me
By Hatter313
Simpsons, kolchak, dark shadows all routinely get stuck in my head along with those other above.

But nothing, once it decides to bubble up, gets stuck there more than Quantum Leap. I have little to no actual feelings about the show, I like it well enough, it was just something that was always on so I’ve seen a ton of it. Sometimes I catch my self humming it while doing chores and it just gets stuck for days.

Like now.

Also I put on x files music the other day while driving around the Catskills on a rainy day and it was perfect.
By inksb
I just threw on the Quantum Leap theme and I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one @hatter. It's been a really long time since I watched that show but that theme is definitely still kicking around in my head space, I just didn't realize that's what it was from haha.

Completely forgot to list The Simpsons. And I'll add Futurama into the mix too. Definitely one I'll randomly just start humming.
By static14
Airwolf
Knight Rider
X-Files
Quantum Leap
Street Hawk
Kolchak
MacGyver
The Equalizer

A few off the top of my head that I've always really liked. :)
By ScoJo
texasvinyl wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:21 pm this song has been stuck in my head for more than 30 years

631AC20C-4532-41DE-9917-E749D888F667-208-000000047C8881B6.gif
631AC20C-4532-41DE-9917-E749D888F667-208-000000047C8881B6.gif (778.45 KiB) Viewed 941 times
By Dollarhyde
All kinds of awesome! From Shuki Levi, Haim Saban and Lionel Leroy.
Definitely a favourite from my youth