A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Anyone catch the trailer? I was going to pass it up as there's a lot of chatter about it being highly spoiler-y/showing ALL the kills, but I can't possibly imagine that being the case.
So fuckit- I'm going in!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hL6R3HmQfPc

(One thing though - don't know how 'correct' it is at this stage but John Carpenter is currently credited solo for the score on this installment on IMDB.)
By inksb
It's most likely John Carpenter as billed by Sacred Bones which is all three of them.

The trailer is all kills, it's kind of insane that they put so many in the trailer, I can't imagine that many more in the film with out it feeling like a fucking Rob Zombie flick. It seems very aggressive and very gory. I'm excited to see it but my expectations are about mid level (which is where I was with the last one).
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:49 pm It's most likely John Carpenter as billed by Sacred Bones which is all three of them.

The trailer is all kills, it's kind of insane that they put so many in the trailer, I can't imagine that many more in the film with out it feeling like a fucking Rob Zombie flick. It seems very aggressive and very gory. I'm excited to see it but my expectations are about mid level (which is where I was with the last one).
Fwiw Halloween (2018) has all three of them credited on Imdb and in the film credits. HK has been completed for a good while now so there's every reason to believe that the imdb credit is as it will be in the movie.
Which means, JC flying solo on this one.
By inksb
I would be honestly surprised if it was entirely just him. We all know that Cody and Daniel have kind of been holding him up for years. I guess we'll find out as it gets closer. I'm sure Sacred Bones will have at least 25 variants of the score available for us to order lol.
By 334578rpm
And then 6 months later, an expanded edition with 25 more variants, making the first ones obsolete.
By ScoJo
Just read an old interview with JC re: HK - yep, definitely scored by all three once again.
By inksb
334578rpm wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:35 pm And then 6 months later, an expanded edition with 25 more variants, making the first ones obsolete.
I still haven't bought the expanded edition haha
By ChrisMcQueen007
I watched the trailer, it shows too much imo, like most trailers do nowadays. That said the film looks like it‘ll be good entertainment. Lots of (graphic) kills, some (very obvious) references to the original Halloween 3 and 2 and a JC score that will do the trick. The film will for sure not reinvent the wheel but that‘s of course also not to be expected.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:59 pm
334578rpm wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:35 pm And then 6 months later, an expanded edition with 25 more variants, making the first ones obsolete.
I literally only bought it a few weeks ago because it was in my hands at a physical location, I was SO annoyed by the release originally lol
By 334578rpm
Hatter313 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:59 pm
inksb wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:59 pm
I literally only bought it a few weeks ago because it was in my hands at a physical location, I was SO annoyed by the release originally lol
The thing is, there are some great cues that were left off the original release, which makes the double dip more annoying.