A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
1. Lukas
* JCVD (I cannot rank this. For me it is brilliant also because of the setting in Brussels and the originality. But you need to have seen a lot of JCVD to truly appreciate this one.)
2. Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning
3. Timecop
4. Hard Target
5. Bloodsport
6. Universal Soldier
7. Universal Soldier: Regeneration
8. Cyborg
9. Nowhere to Run
10. Maximum Risk
11. In Hell
12. Legionnaire
13. Replicant
14. Knock Off
15. Wake of Death
16. Until Death
17. Pound of Flesh

18. Lionheart
18. Kickboxer
18. Kickboxer: Vengeance
18. No Retreat, No Surrender
18. Death Warrant
18. Double Impact (of course everyone should see this one, same as Cyborg)
18. Sudden Death
18. The Quest
18. Double Team
18. Enemies Closer
18. We Die Young

29. Black Water
30. Black Eagle
31. Inferno (it is near the bottom but if you feel a bit silly do watch this one)

32. The Order
32. Second in Command
32. The Shepherd
32. Six Bullets
32. Welcome to the Jungle
32. Kickboxer: Retaliation

38. Universal Soldier: The Return
39. Assassination Games
40. Street Fighter
41. The Hard Corps
42. Derailed
43. Kill 'm all
44. Dragon Eyes (not that bad as a movie but too little JCVD in it)
45. Swelter (movie was worse than Dragon Eyes but JCVD was better)

Give me some time to elaborate about all of this. I need to digest and look up my notes.
For now I can say this:
That top 17 (+ JCVD) contain movies that are very different from each other in tone, story and time of shooting. If I would score the movies a lot of them would only be .1 apart from another. Because of that some can easily switch places. Also I can imagine one liking a specific movie more depending on ones own state of mine while watching.

I am very happy that I did watch all of these. I had no idea how great JCVD as a movie star actually is. Now I understand.
By inksb
This was awesome to watch unfold and partially participate in. I still have a few that I haven't got to even though I've had them for weeks. Your rankings definitely have made me watch films I had no intention of watch from him and I was pleasantly surprised by how good they were. Knock Off being one of the best that watched so far.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bez, your point in Now Watching about not being able to separate the movies after seeing them all so close together is part of what made your journey so compelling for me. As we have touched on a couple of times along the way, it would be so easy to let general malaise keep me from enjoying the finer points of his DTV canon. Yet you nailed it and stuck the landing. Bravo, sir. Hats off to you.

Now...are you ready for Jean Claude Van Johnson?
By CrossedPete
Great job I had fun following along on you Jean Claude odyssey @bez it was very enjoyable. A few take aways for me- you have Lukas ranked number 1 a movie that is foreign to me, so I must remedy that. Also I must track down the newer unisols as I haven’t watched either of them and I believe it was brother Mateo comparing them to the Raid a movie I hold in high regard. Speaking of the Raid I have questions but this isn’t the forum so another day.