A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:39 pm I think I had only seen Days of Thunder once. Maybe 20 years ago. It does feel like Top Gun: Nascar edition. But I found it not as exciting as Top Gun. Still a lot of fun though.
I cannot comment on specific TS direction stuff. I simply can't look at a movie in a professional way.

Next up for me is The Last Boyscout and that one I don't think I have ever seen.
TLBS is an absolute blast Bez, right in the same vein as BHCII so I think you will dig it the most. I'm saving that one for a rainy day when I need maximum cheering!
By inksb
Updated ranking
1. The Last Boy Scout
2. Hunger
3. Beverly Hills Cop 2
4. Top Gun
5. Revenge
6. Days of Thunder (based off of viewings from when I was younger)
By Bezulsqy
I skipped True Romance to wait for the 4K version in a month or two.

Crimson Tide was a lot of fun. But it is no Top Gun :-)
By Bezulsqy
I am half way into The Fan. I had never seen it although I thought I had. DeNiro is scary as fuck. Damn. Excellent use of Nine Inch Nails music.

edit
some more minutes in and the sauna scene reminded me of Natural Born Killers in style. NIN again and colors turning red and camera angle tilting. As in a fever dream.

edit
music during the last ten minutes sucked... very typical cathartic sweet blabla

Movie as a whole was really good! DeNiro was fantastic.
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:04 pm I am half way into The Fan. I had never seen it although I thought I had. DeNiro is scary as fuck. Damn. Excellent use of Nine Inch Nails music.

edit
some more minutes in and the sauna scene reminded me of Natural Born Killers in style. NIN again and colors turning red and camera angle tilting. As in a fever dream.

edit
music during the last ten minutes sucked... very typical cathartic sweet blabla

Movie as a whole was really good! DeNiro was fantastic.
YES BEZ!

This movie has such a lousy rep, and I've never got it. DeNiro and Snipes are just wicked fun together, riffing off each other.
And all the hokey baseball stuff (which I admittedly know nothing about, but I understand that apparently it's all baloney because TS didn't much care about the sport haha) but yet I find it really enjoyable in a movie-movie kindof way. And you really think he could kill that kid :O I'll rewatch once a year, no problem, envy you your first time with it B :D
By Bezulsqy
Finished Enemy of the State. I had previously only seen it in 1998 in the cinema. I believe we went to see it for some reason with my whole class in high school. At that time I remember not really caring for it.
Looking at it now I found it to be a very well paced action thriller with an interesting cast. Not the best acting :-)
All in all very entertaining but I definitely preferred Der Fan.
By inksb
I started The Fan the other night but was too tired and decided to turn it off before I got to far into it. Hopefully will watch it this weekend.
By Bezulsqy
First time viewing of Man on Fire...
Again interesting to see the NIN music and Trent Reznor in the credits as music consultant.

Very entertaining action thriller but way to long and with a lot of sentimental blabla... Well made and it has Mr. Walken in it. I did prefer Enemy of the State and The Fan to this one.
By Bezulsqy
How is everyone doing with Tony Scott?

I watched Spy Game last weekend and loved it. If have a copy of the 4K True Romance DC version to watch soon.
By Bezulsqy
Needed some action and suspense to get me through the day. Deja Vu surely delivered. Excellent TS flick. I was sure I had seen it before. Had a Deja Vu in the beginning of the movie, but I think I was confused with that Nicolas Cage time bender movie.

Tony Scott knows what he was doing with this one. Only a couple more to go.
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:30 pm I need to get back on the TS train...
DD38AA9C-0055-444F-AFA7-EA4580D4A853.jpeg
DD38AA9C-0055-444F-AFA7-EA4580D4A853.jpeg (196.7 KiB) Viewed 2137 times

(getting there nano seconds before some other schnook!)
By Bezulsqy
I really liked Pelham 123 by TS. Way more aggressive than the OG. Travolta was excellent. TS did a pretty good job bringing the original to 2009.
By Bezulsqy
Unstoppable was fantastic! Loved every minute of it. What a ride.

Now I only have to re-watch True Romance and then I will have seen every Tony Scott movie within this year.
Next year I should try DePalma...
Or what would be an interesting directer for more action flicks?
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:42 pm Kathryn Bigelow
Craig R Baxley
John Badham
John McTiernan
thank you!

I am thinking John McTiernan is a good idea
By Bezulsqy
finally finished my Tony Scott quest. I forgot so much about True Romance. It is a truly fantastic film. What a cast.
I had a copy of the UHD and the look and sound of it is magnificent.
By ScoJo
Synchronicity, Bez. In the last few days I rewatched Revenge (Dir. Cut). Oof.

I'm always tickled by how it starts like
an epilogue to Scott's previous film, Top Gun. Jeffrey Kimball shot both, very much defining TS's mid-80s to mid-90s look. Put it in my veins, looove it!

Ps. Is today White Boy Day?!