A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
ScoJo wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:04 pm
inksb wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:02 pm
ScoJo wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:59 pm

Yep, that's the general consensus about what he did on Dredd it seems. Though I was being slightly tongue in cheek of course, since Barrow and Salisbury's score was booted off the film haha. I am quite up for rewatching the whole of Devs through again at some point for sure, liked a lot about it. Also want to rewatch TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG in it's entirety.
Yeah I'm completely out of the loop on the Dredd thing. I didn't realize they were scoring it haha. Right over my head.

I loved Devs. One of my favorite things from last year. Too Old To Die Young I watched the first two episodes and fell off. I've meant to go back to it but just haven't found the time. It's so fucking long.
DROKK is their unused score, and it's absolutely blistering, you owe it to yourself to have a listen. When we interviewed Salisbury for the DFC, I was a bit cheeky and did say to him that every composer was allowed to have one score which was wildly influenced by Carpenter. He laughed and agreed fortunately ;-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OL ... wGX1PCLzoA[/youtube]
And someone sync'd their first cue with the opening scene of the film.... a tasty little 'what if':

By ScoJo
Was watching Shattered this morning and reminded of how great Silvestri can be - then realised that the Zemekis and Silvestri collaboration is both longstanding, prolific and damn good.
ScoJo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:13 am Was watching Shattered this morning and reminded of how great Silvestri can be - then realised that the Zemekis and Silvestri collaboration is both longstanding, prolific and damn good.
Yeah it was a contender for my list, I may swap it in for something else. There’s a tone that Silvestri hits that really warms the heart
after a quick study I came up with this list:

Ferrio/Tessari

Morricone/Argento (5)
Morricone/Corbucci (7)
Morricone/Damiani (4)
Morricone/De Martino (7)
Morricone/Leone (6)
Morricone/Lado (9)
Morricone/Lizzani (6)
Morricone/Pasolini (4)
Morricone/Petri (7)
Morricone/Sollima (6)
Morricone/Tessari (4)
Morricone/Verneuil (6)

these fall outside of the parameters i guess...
Morricone/De Palma (3)
Morricone/Fulci (3)
Morricone/Squitieri (3)
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:55 am after a quick study I came up with this list:

Ferrio/Tessari

Morricone/Argento (5)
Morricone/Corbucci (7)
Morricone/Damiani (4)
Morricone/De Martino (7)
Morricone/Leone (6)
Morricone/Lado (9)
Morricone/Lizzani (6)
Morricone/Pasolini (4)
Morricone/Petri (7)
Morricone/Sollima (6)
Morricone/Tessari (4)
Morricone/Verneuil (6)

these fall outside of the parameters i guess...
Morricone/De Palma (3)
Morricone/Fulci (3)
Morricone/Squitieri (3)
After a very poor start in this thread, somebody has finally put the appropriate amount of respect on Il Maestro's name.

Ben giocato signore, Ben. Ben giocato signore!!

All of our other lists are wrong in the face of this....bravo Bez