A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

ScoJo wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:17 pm In, also.

As it's coming to vinyl very soon via Silva Screen, can I throw in an early vote for Rawhead Rex? It's a dreadful piece of shit with an amazing cross-eyed creature and lots of fun - plus you're hardly missing out on stunningly crafted cinema moments if you're occasionally looking away from the screen to type throughout ;)
I'm down for RR. There was a screening here at the Hollywood last year, but I missed it due to family commitments, so I'm definitely up for a film club viewing.
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
EvanCampbell wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:34 am Unfortunately had to go out and miss this. Fun reading this thread. Definitely will catch the next one. Funny thing is most of the time the monsters from childhood seem like really great looking but Rawhead Rex was always terrible even back then.
Evan...ya gotta turn up for one of these sometime. It would make my World Wide Web experience complete. I could finally retire, sated at long last.
The feeling is mutual my friend. It is great to see you posting again.
ScoJo wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:25 am Another suggestion, since the score is out there now and I've noticed quite a few 'never seen the movie' comments, is CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS. Again, I have the 1080 sweetness I can share.

Let's do both! I haven't seen Rawhead Rex (even though I own the bluray lol) or CSPWDT. One in January and the other in February
inksb wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:38 pm
ScoJo wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:25 am Another suggestion, since the score is out there now and I've noticed quite a few 'never seen the movie' comments, is CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS. Again, I have the 1080 sweetness I can share.

Let's do both! I haven't seen Rawhead Rex (even though I own the bluray lol) or CSPWDT. One in January and the other in February

ScoJo wrote:Another suggestion, since the score is out there now and I've noticed quite a few 'never seen the movie' comments, is CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS. Again, I have the 1080 sweetness I can share.

"Man is a machine that manufactures manure" I was tempted to have Ormsby write that when he was signing my one sheet poster for children. Don't mind either but love to see Rawhead Rex...have not seen that one....just clips.
"Someone.... has awakened him!"

Is anyone up for a sync screening of RAWHEAD REX this month then?

Co-sign below and we'll see if we have a ball game, as per usual :) So far looks like a good date is

SUNDAY 21st FEBRUARY - Time TBC But I suggest 9pm GMT / 4pm EST / 1pm PST

9ab21ecacd2c740cf23aaafb65a76a62.png
9ab21ecacd2c740cf23aaafb65a76a62.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 2228 times
Last edited by ScoJo on Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Let's go with Sunday 21st then, since three of us so far are AOK with that. Hoping a few more can join the party.

Including you @Bez - maybe you are able to shuffle your stuff around, and join us for this one! Would a specific time on that Sunday help for you at all? I'm really easy... just bearing in mind that over here we are 5-8 hours ahead of US time zones so factor that in :)
ScoJo wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:49 pm Let's go with Sunday 21st then, since three of us so far are AOK with that. Hoping a few more can join the party.

Including you @Bez - maybe you are able to shuffle your stuff around, and join us for this one! Would a specific time on that Sunday help for you at all? I'm really easy... just bearing in mind that over here we are 5-8 hours ahead of US time zones so factor that in :)
I am fine. Choose a time that suits you all best. I'll see what I can do. And otherwise I will watch it a bit later and read everything you guys have posted.
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:53 pm
ScoJo wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:49 pm Let's go with Sunday 21st then, since three of us so far are AOK with that. Hoping a few more can join the party.

I am fine. Choose a time that suits you all best. I'll see what I can do. And otherwise I will watch it a bit later and read everything you guys have posted.