A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Scott - no that would be John Dodds in that picture. The man who was also responsible for the deadly spawn creature and its babies. That bloody disgusting link minimizes hugh contributions of Dodds who did some of the coolest stuff in the picture. Like the spider lady and the critter that is on the cover of the ost lp.
EvanCampbell wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:45 am Scott - no that would be John Dodds in that picture. The man who was also responsible for the deadly spawn creature and its babies. That bloody disgusting link minimizes hugh contributions of Dodds who did some of the coolest stuff in the picture. Like the spider lady and the critter that is on the cover of the ost lp.
Thanks E - this in depth article is much better actually and gives better props to all the fx artists I think? (such as Jennifer Aspinall, who I didn't know worked on this)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/0themaster ... ctive/amp/

Is your buddy Gabe Bartalos? I'm guessing he's the fresh-faced cutie in the behind scenes pics.

Speaking of which - whatever else can be said about Spookies, and as a set stills photographer myself, low budget flicks should all have such great quality behind scenes shots as these!

No my friend is Vincent Guastini who did a small version of the spider, a witch and assisted John Dods with the final large spider lady for spookies. Gabe Bartalos went on to do Leprechaun films and as far spookies goes had an interesting situation.
I might not be able to make this today. If I can't I will still follow-up with comments later. The NY effects scene in those days was a small one. When I was first starting out in the late 80's and early 90's I met many of these folks while working on TV episodes for a show called Monsters. It was a tales from the Darkside follow up from laurel. I usually don't think about the past too much but damn it was so much fun back then. So light and simple and free.
EvanCampbell wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:46 pm No my friend is Vincent Guastini who did a small version of the spider, a witch and assisted John Dods with the final large spider lady for spookies. Gabe Bartalos went on to do Leprechaun films and as far spookies goes had an interesting situation.
I might not be able to make this today. If I can't I will still follow-up with comments later. The NY effects scene in those days was a small one. When I was first starting out in the late 80's and early 90's I met many of these folks while working on TV episodes for a show called Monsters. It was a tales from the Darkside follow up from laurel. I usually don't think about the past too much but damn it was so much fun back then. So light and simple and free.
I love monsters, fond memories of that show.