A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Heyo -

In the Summer, I did a Lockdown Film Festival where I shared 100 days of films with mates using my online drive, a different offering each day. It went down really well.

A bit spur of the moment, but yesterday I decided to regenerate the idea and do a 13 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN follow up festival!

If you'd like to be added to the email chain, drop me a message at the below address. I can't promise that I'll surprise with every choice, but lets just say my emphasis is on more lost/obscure/weirdo folk-horror movies than F13 Part 2 or Halloween III :D

It's Day 2 today, so if you hit me up I can catch you up on the offerings so far.

Samhain 4 Life!

filmficciones at the old gmails dot com

By chiefbrody
Thanks for your hard work on this @ScoJo. I've saved a few down to watch later as my viewing time was limited.

It's been years since I've seen Session 9 - probably since renting it as a new release. It stays with you.
By ScoJo
chiefbrody wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:10 pm Thanks for your hard work on this @ScoJo. I've saved a few down to watch later as my viewing time was limited.

It's been years since I've seen Session 9 - probably since renting it as a new release. It stays with you.
You're very welcome! Glad you grabbed a few. Session 9 holds up really well, one of the few from the festival shares that I actually rewatched last week. In some ways it just gets better with age (since its 'shot on video' aesthetic feels less of a novelty now... unlike Michael Mann's Public Enemies which is still really jarring in its smeary early-digital-cinema look)
By ScoJo
I finished my outdoor cinemascope screen build in time to have a few folks round on Halloween night- here's a little phone snap of Monster Squad in full effect :) Hope you all had as much fun!

IMG_0087.JPG
IMG_0087.JPG (725.47 KiB) Viewed 780 times

By Mateo Sanboval
Lovely, ScoJ. And Thanks again for your curation. I caught a couple of new flicks and, like Chief, saved a couple more for later viewings.
By inksb
ScoJo, thanks for doing this. I managed to watch parts of a few before passing out late at night and grabbing a few for later viewing, this was really fun to follow along.

Let's doing something similar again next year.