A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Bez I saw wishmaster a couple of times when it was first released and remember it being kind of fun. It was directed by my boss and friend at the time who was an fx guy, so naturally he put a ton of fx stuff in it. There is a dinner party scene at the end that a lot of the effects crew are in playing victims ..I was asked but like always decline to have any fun. My biggest memory of that film was the first time I saw it . I went home to staten island to visit family and I took my girlfriend and mom to see it in the theater. About ten minutes of the opening film, there was some kind of error with the image and the screen was smashed half the size and really long. All the actors looked like compacted midgets. All of us in the audience (about 10 people ) were laughing our asses off. I was hoping that they wouldn't catch the error for awhile cause it was so funny.
EvanCampbell wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:20 am Bez I saw wishmaster a couple of times when it was first released and remember it being kind of fun. It was directed by my boss and friend at the time who was an fx guy, so naturally he put a ton of fx stuff in it. There is a dinner party scene at the end that a lot of the effects crew are in playing victims ..I was asked but like always decline to have any fun. My biggest memory of that film was the first time I saw it . I went home to staten island to visit family and I took my girlfriend and mom to see it in the theater. About ten minutes of the opening film, there was some kind of error with the image and the screen was smashed half the size and really long. All the actors looked like compacted midgets. All of us in the audience (about 10 people ) were laughing our asses off. I was hoping that they wouldn't catch the error for awhile cause it was so funny.
Haha, amazing - I can tell you from experience, being a projectionist, that the doofus in the box was mistakenly showing the print with a Cinemascope lens, and if you do this you get that weird stretched/midget-vision effect ;-)

The best example I ever saw of this in a theatre was at the film festival premiere of Lynch's Mulholland Drive - For the first ten minutes of the movie everything was as you described - Laura Haring was running around like a Phantasm dwarf! But because it was Lynch, basically nobody in the audience complained, we all were collectively thinking 'ahh, that Lynch!' haha. Very memorable screening! (as an aside, I was projecting the film myself a little later and received a 'personal' fax from Lynch on the opening day, with instructions of how much headroom to give the print as well as audio level settings. I still have the fax somewhere I think! Thanks fuck he wasn't at that premiere, if he was that anal/detail concerened...