A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
I have not seen most of the movies of the Marvel universe. When I watched the first Avengers at home so many years ago I could not understand why it was rated that high at the time. For me there was so much action on the screen that I just couldn't make sense of it. Now I have a better and bigger tv I am thinking of revisiting it all. But what is the best order to watch them all?
Chronologically is an option but because they have been creating a sort of overarching frame it might be interesting to change the order. As I do not know too much about this whole franchise I am asking for your advice.
By skeletonbutt
i'd advise you don't bother, but that's just my opinion. you don't sound like a superhero fan with any nostalgia attached to the characters, and you already watched avengers and it didn't click for you. there are so many other movies that you probably haven't seen that would be worth your time over these.

if i haven't dissuaded you, surely this will:

The entire MCU in the 'right' order:

1. Captain America: The First Avenger
2. Agent Carter (season 1)
3. Agent Carter (season 2)
4. Agent Carter (one-shot on Iron Man 3 DVD)
5. Captain Marvel
6. Iron Man
7. Iron Man 2
8. The Incredible Hulk
9. The Consultant (one-shot on the Thor DVD)
10. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer (one-shot on the Captain America: The First Avenger DVD)
11. Thor
12. Avengers Assemble
13. Item 47 (one-shot on the Avengers Assemble DVD)
14. Iron Man 3
15. All Hail the King (one-shot on the Thor: The Dark World DVD)
16. Agents of SHIELD (season 1, eps 1-7)
17. Thor: The Dark World
18. Agents of SHIELD (season 1, eps 8-16)
19. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
20. Agents of SHIELD (season 1, eps 17-22)
21. Guardians of the Galaxy
22. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
23. Daredevil (season 1)
24. Agents of SHIELD (season 2, eps 1-10)
25. Jessica Jones (season 1)
26. Agents of SHIELD (season 2, eps 11-19)
27. Avengers: Age of Ultron
28. Agents of SHIELD (season 2, eps 20-22)
29. Daredevil (season 2, eps 1-4)
30. Luke Cage (season 1, eps 1-4)
31. Daredevil (season 2, eps 5-11)
32. Luke Cage (season 1, eps 5-8)
33. Daredevil (season 2, eps 12-13)
34. Luke Cage (season 1, eps 9-13)
35. Ant-Man
36. Agents of SHIELD (season 3, eps 1-10)
37. Agents of SHIELD (season 3, eps 11-19)
38. Iron Fist (season 1)
39. Captain America: Civil War
40. Agents of SHIELD (season 3, eps 20-22)
41. The Defenders (season 1)
42. Agents of SHIELD (season 4, eps 1-6)
43. Doctor Strange
44. Black Panther
45. Agents of SHIELD (season 4, eps 7-8)
46. Agents of SHIELD: Slingshot (season 1, eps 1-6)
47. Agents of SHIELD (season 4, eps 9-22)
48. Spider-Man: Homecoming
49. Thor: Ragnarok
50. Inhumans (season 1)
51. The Punisher (season 1)
52. Runaways (season 1)
53. Agents of SHIELD (season 5, eps 1-10) – allowing for time travel craziness
54. Jessica Jones (season 2)
55. Agents of SHIELD (season 5, eps 11-18)
56. Cloak & Dagger (season 1)
57. Luke Cage (season 2)
58. Iron Fist (season 2)
59. Daredevil (season 3)
60. Runaways (season 2)
61. The Punisher (season 2)
62. Ant-Man and the Wasp
63. Avengers: Infinity War
64. Agents of SHIELD (season 5, eps 19-22) – Concurrent with Infinity War

good luck!
By ScoJo
Fwiw Bez, here are my picks from that list - I haven't seen everything (obvs!!) but these are fun films and also give you a pretty decent working knowledge of the major characters/plot malarky of the MCU. (Although I enjoyed both Luke Cage S1 and Jessica Jones S1, I'm leaving the TV stuff out.)

6. Iron Man
12. Avengers Assemble
14. Iron Man 3
19. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
21. Guardians of the Galaxy
35. Ant-Man
39. Captain America: Civil War
43. Doctor Strange
44. Black Panther
49. Thor: Ragnarok
63. Avengers: Infinity War

I echo the sentiment of GOOD LUCK!
By Bezulsqy
Fuck me...

Thanks @skeleton for the list...
I think you are right. I am going to pick and choose and simply see what is what.
By inksb
@bez it's a daunting task to do it all at this point. And honestly I don't think it's worth it. There are a lot of those films I'll never revisit. I think @scojo has the best listed in his post and the ones worth watching. I personally really enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 so I'd add that but he pretty much nailed all the other ones I enjoyed. The first Captain America and Spiderman Homecoming were decent and worth watching as well.
By zuko
inksb wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:16 pm The first Captain America […] worth watching as well.
That's the only one that stuck with me, a lot of the rest are overwhelmingly vanilla – I don't know if it's the Joe Johnston factor, but that movie has a nice pulpy, period charm to it. (To be fair, i'm only caught up as far as Ant Man, so maybe they get better after that?)
By inksb
zuko wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:25 am
inksb wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:16 pm The first Captain America […] worth watching as well.
That's the only one that stuck with me, a lot of the rest are overwhelmingly vanilla – I don't know if it's the Joe Johnston factor, but that movie has a nice pulpy, period charm to it. (To be fair, i'm only caught up as far as Ant Man, so maybe they get better after that?)
It's been a while since I've watched a lot of these films but Cap 1 was very much like you said a pulpy period film. Most of the rest are straight super hero action films. The other Cap films seem to have more meat to their writing and are directed much better than most Marvel films. While they don't retain the pulpy feeling of the first, they are pretty much the pinnacle of the Marvel films (for me at least). Ant Man is pretty fun too as it's mostly a heist movie set in the super hero universe. I still need to see the sequel, that and Captain Marvel are the only two Marvel movies I have not seen.