A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
I am hoping to watch 2 or 3 movies tonight. Alone.
But which ones should I watch?

I really want Lords of Chaos to be one of them.
Maybe also Dragged across Concrete...

Other options:
- The Serpent and the Rainbow
- Forbidden World (1982)
- Bloody Birthday (1981)
- Blackkklansman I still need to see... But I want at least one older movie I have not yet seen
- Bad Dreams (1988)
- FX (1986)
- Antropophagus (1980) I am thinking this is a good option.
- Mausoleum (1983)
- Screameres (1979)

I have a lot more to choose from, but have to stop somewhere.
Any other ideas in the 80's horror genre are welcomed.
By inksb
The Serpent and the Rainbow and Mausoleum are my two choices from that list. Just an FYI if you do watch Blackkklansman the ending moments of the film are actual footage of all the fucked up shit that's happened in the US over the last few years. One scene in particular is hard to watch and kind of puts a damper on the night if you choose to end with that.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Well, if you go for Lords of Chaos and (potentially) Blackkklansman, I think some mindless fun (i.e. 80ties horror/slasher) makes perfect sense.

I have not seen all of the ones you mention above (but most of them) and those all have their merits. Serpent and the Rainbow and Bad Dreams would be the 2 films closest to each other on paper (both from 88 so more a late 80ties vibe, both deal to some extent with cults and being awake vs dreaming, ...) but Serpent is by far the much better movie. Otherwise if you haven't seen any of these already "Pieces", "Burial Ground" or "Buio Omega" also make for a fun late night viewing (personally prefer these three to Antro).
By ScoJo
Lords of Chaos / Dragged Across Concrete double bill could well be fatal. I agree with the serpent votes - and in my mind, would double nicely with LoC (Voodoo vs. Odinism??)
By Bezulsqy
Thanks for the great tips.
I am going to start with Dragged Across Concrete as it is 2h39 long...
Serpent and the Rainbow afterwards.
And then I'll see if I can manage another one.

And thanks for reminding me about Biuo Omega. That I still need to see.