A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Was supposed to see it last night, water main break outside the theater and the building had to close :(
By ScoJo
maxlevel wrote:@scojo it’s at the prince charles from 12th Oct for one week
Think that was aimed at @Spun, but I too will take the tip-off thanks Max. I'll be in Big Smokey on the 16th for the Horror Master, I see my trip shaping up! ;)
By NathanLurker
I might go back to see it again even though I already saw it at Fantasia :) My friend went to see it and she was bored because of the pacing but she recognised that it was a good movie, Comatos' style was just too atmospheric for her. It's not a movie I'd recommend to everyone, but I loved it.
By ScoJo
Cage is getting a lot of attention for this performance, and so he should. The entire cast was pretty outstanding.

But- Andrea Riseborough was fucking incredible, completely blew me away.
By ScoJo
skeletonbutt wrote:the cult leader reminded me a lot of the villain from invasion usa with the scarred (burned?) face.
The one and only Richard Lynch. Yep, that comparison is being made a bit. Btw, I'm pretty sure that it's acne scarring which gave Lynch his distinctive phisog!
By skeletonbutt
ScoJo wrote:
skeletonbutt wrote:the cult leader reminded me a lot of the villain from invasion usa with the scarred (burned?) face.
The one and only Richard Lynch. Yep, that comparison is being made a bit. Btw, I'm pretty sure that it's acne scarring which gave Lynch his distinctive phisog!
I had to look it up to see what happened to his face and according to Wikipedia "The scars came from a 1967 incident in New York's Central Park in which, under the influence of drugs, he set himself on fire, burning more than 70% of his body."
By ScoJo
skeletonbutt wrote:
ScoJo wrote:
I had to look it up to see what happened to his face and according to Wikipedia "The scars came from a 1967 incident in New York's Central Park in which, under the influence of drugs, he set himself on fire, burning more than 70% of his body."
Sweet fuck a duck! Well what the hey, that sure beats 'acne scarring'! :O
By ScoJo
ScoJo wrote: The one and only Richard Lynch. Yep, that comparison is being made a bit. Btw, I'm pretty sure that it's acne scarring which gave Lynch his distinctive phisog!
I had to look it up to see what happened to his face and according to Wikipedia "The scars came from a 1967 incident in New York's Central Park in which, under the influence of drugs, he set himself on fire, burning more than 70% of his body."[/quote]

Sweet fuck a duck! Well what the hey, that sure beats 'acne scarring'! :O[/quote]

"In addition to acting, Lynch was a musician, and he played the saxophone, guitar, piano, and flute..."

Further Wiki-Revelations!!
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:Jesus.

Panos Cosmatos latest music video. I loved the first half.

Johannson's soundtrack ordered with swiftness
Now I understand this post :-)
During the first half I was thinking that I probably have not had enough drugs in my life to understand :-)
I loved the second half. But only because there was a first half.
In total it was very me(n)tal.

By Bezulsqy
I was actually at first thinking it was Denis Leary and at another point Jon Stewart and in one shot Alice Cooper...
By skeletonbutt
Bezulsqy wrote:
I was actually at first thinking it was Denis Leary and at another point Jon Stewart and in one shot Alice Cooper...
also at one point i think his face turned into mandy's and then back again? maybe it happened twice, i can't remember.