A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Sorry I missed this guys. I watched Argento's Opera tonight and then was doing what I thought was going to be a 30 minute mod to my switch joycon's which turned into a 3 hour nightmare. It looks cool though (not sure if it was really worth it). Hope everyone enjoyed the film. It's an underrated gem of the 70's
inksb wrote:Sorry I missed this guys. I watched Argento's Opera tonight and then was doing what I thought was going to be a 30 minute mod to my switch joycon's which turned into a 3 hour nightmare. It looks cool though (not sure if it was really worth it). Hope everyone enjoyed the film. It's an underrated gem of the 70's
It was great, fun times...maybe see you at the next one @inksb!

Well, it's 8.41am here in the UK and I've just killed the live skype feed from Rendezvous LA as they start to wind it up- have to say, that was a heckova lot of fun! So grateful to those guys and Ben/2HD for getting behind the release and making this happen. Was trippy being 'there' for the DJ set after, but only hearing the tunes thru tinny laptop speakers haha! But technology is mental. Still fries my head a bit.

I screen recorded the whole evening anyway, so I may post a very short vid of the whole affair at some point. Was great hanging here for the film portion of the festivities. Keen to know what @deaf made of it, as a virgin viewer!

But now....saturday morning, still pissing rain here (as it has been forever) and back to bed for me.
Have a good one all.
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
ScoJo wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Walter Hill is in this film somewhere, but for the life of me, I don't know where.
Running/throat slash guy at the beginning!
No!
Fuck, while I'm here son:

So Walter was some kind of production assistant at the time/upcoming screenwriter. Did the part, and then the film didn't really come out for years...

One day, the cinematographer spotted that the movie was available on VHS! He called Walter excitedly and told him, and Walter got a copy and took it home. He sat his wife down and said something like "there's this young actor, in the first scene of tis movie, tell me what you think of him..." as though he were talent scouting.

After the scene his wife said "yeah, he's okay...?"

She didn't recognise her husband at all!
ScoJo wrote:Fuck, while I'm here son:

So Walter was some kind of production assistant at the time/upcoming screenwriter. Did the part, and then the film didn't really come out for years...

One day, the cinematographer spotted that the movie was available on VHS! He called Walter excitedly and told him, and Walter got a copy and took it home. He sat his wife down and said something like "there's this young actor, in the first scene of tis movie, tell me what you think of him..." as though he were talent scouting.

After the scene his wife said "yeah, he's okay...?"

She didn't recognise her husband at all!
The Hell you say! What a tale. This'll be rattling around in my boxcar all night. Good evening, sir.
To mark the imminent release of the soundtrack LP, does anyone fancy doing a sync screening of LET'S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH?

I know some of you have not seen it/been talking about giving it a watch soon. Just a thought.

Drop a reply below and if we have a few takers I will start a new thread - if you like making 'pirate' noises, say AAARRR!

If you like making 'horsey' noises, say NAAAAY!