A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By slik
Anyone seen this yet? Atomic breath scene in the trailer looks stunning.....And Gojira looks mean.
By Mateo Sanboval
Looks like Godzilla, as it's being called by Netflix US, was released theatrically in Japan on 11/17/17 and will come to Netflix worldwide streaming "sometime after" that. On my Netflix account it say 2018.
By Mateo Sanboval
maxlevel wrote:New Godzilla on Netflix uk as of 30 seconds ago
The animated flick? Nice.
By maxlevel
For a film which looks so stunning, the English dub didn’t do anything for me. I’d much prefer a straight subtitled version.

The 20k year concept is pretty cool
By deafmetal
Pleased to report that this exceeded my expectations. Quite a solid sci-fi story wrapped around the Earth-based Godzilla lore.
The alien tech and religion add some interesting threads to the near-future humans. I skipped the English dub and watched this in Japanese 5.1 audio with subtitles, which was directly available on the Netflix stream. Although some of the voice acting and music were bit cheesy in parts, I felt this was a great addition from Toho studios. Well worth a watch for Godzilla or sci-fi anime fans.
By skeletonbutt
maxlevel wrote:For a film which looks so stunning, the English dub didn’t do anything for me. I’d much prefer a straight subtitled version.

The 20k year concept is pretty cool
But everything is a dub when you're watching a cartoon