A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
See at your earliest convenience. It's another winner from S.Craig Zahler (Bone Tomahawk). Now streaming on iTunes, Amazon, Google. You won't regret it guys - seriously great stuff. Brutal AF but also with a heart.

And man, the 70s funk/soul tunes written by Zahler with Jeff Herriot, performed by Tavares and The O'Jays - O.M.G.

Looks like it's out now digitally from Lakeshore (and hopefully with LP handled again by Invada?)
I'm gonna jump on that!
59d766032d0000ef08308f5a.jpeg
59d766032d0000ef08308f5a.jpeg (747.83 KiB) Viewed 2085 times
By vinyljunkie
I full-heartedly concur!!! Visceral, gut-wrenching brilliance once again from Zahler — he’s well on his way to becoming this generation’s Tarantino! And the score is so fucking good!!! I couldn’t believe it when I read that the songs were written by the Zahler/Herriott team just for the film — career-defining role for Vince Vaughn!!!
By skeletonbutt
Just finished it and made my wife sit through it. I loved it. That dude is seriously talented to go from writing books to writing/directing movies and composing their scores. I hope he has many more movies in him.
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:Bone Tomahawk has better writing but this is still a special flick.
Be hard to top Bone Tomahawk for me. Such a superb film.
By Hatter313
Yeah @mateo, still one of the most brutal kills I’ve ever seen.

When hateful 8 came out all I wanted was a bad ass Kurt Russell western....I didn’t get it from that (to say the least) but oh boy did bone tomahawk make it up hahaha