A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
RIP Wes Craven
Wesley Earl Craven was an American film director, writer, producer and actor. He was known for his pioneering work in the genre of horror films, particularly slasher films, where his impact on the genre was considered prolific and influential. Due to the success and cultural impact of his works in the horror film genre Craven has been called the "Master of Horror".
I met Robert Englund for the first time in 2017, and I used the very brief moment with him to discuss his relationship with Wes Craven. It is now a very fond memory.

Please share your thoughts on Wes Craven's legacy. Also, I would be interested in any book recommendations regarding his film career.

By J.R.
My first exposure to Craven was A Nightmare on Elm St. I took my girlfriend when I was about 15 and whilst she was being picked up by her parents, I had to make a 40 minute train trip and a 40 minute walk home by myself. The entire situation scared the crap out of me and from then on I loved Freddy, and by default, was a great watcher, and fan of Cravens work.

Every time something new came out, no matter the reviews, I was on it and my favourite toy/ collectable is a Freddy one: a Matchbox 'Maxx FX', which is a doll of a special effects artist named Maxx, who was going to have a bunch of costumes of other 'monsters' that he could dress up as. Legend has it that the line was pulled as the use of a child murderer in a children's toy was perhaps lacking in good judgement.

Also, my favourite movie poster is a HUUUUGE Hills Have Eyes one from Italy... even my wife loves it and it hangs in our bedroom!

She's a keeper.

Anyway, what you can take from these rambling is I really dig Craven.