A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
RIP George Romero
Legendary filmmaker George A. Romero, father of the modern movie zombie and creator of the groundbreaking “Night of the Living Dead” franchise, has died at 77, his family said.
Too many of my favorite directors are passing away recently:

By Hatter313
Thrilled to have had the chance to see him introduce the remaster of NOTLD here in NYC last year. I hope that someone releases it soon, it was a gorgeous restoration.

I know that Waxwork is working on an anniversary vinyl release, and Kevin was there that night talking to Romero so it should be a special release, if not a little sad now.
By slik
It is hard to quantify how much this man influenced "horror" cinema, and indeed my own viewing from a possibly too young age....... sir, you will be missed. A sad day.
By Hatter313
slik wrote:It is hard to quantify how much this man influenced "horror" cinema, and indeed my own viewing from a possibly too young age....... sir, you will be missed. A sad day.

I just wrote a long bit on this about how i think its THE most important and influential horror movie of its time and paved the way for the genre as we know it.

Unfortunately when i hit "post" it logged me out and its gone, so the above will have to do as a summation...