A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

I was listening to ep 6 of Cuts from the Crypt when I was out a run this morning and TG played the Prince theme just before the end. A good coincidence and puts me in the mood for tonight. Hope to see you all then. I'll pop on to the thread about 10 mins before 9.
I'm looking forward to this one. I am usually on the side of the cheesier the better for these things, but I have a few zingers in my back pocket (SPOILER ALERT: I don't) and it's been way too long since I've seen this flick. See you folks at showtime.
In the run up to the film's release in the Uk, in May '88, it was trailered on tv with short spots and also previewed in Fangoria. I was so excited for it that I actually dreamed the whole movie - like, an entire epic dream filled with characters, plot, imagery. I would very occasionally do this when I was especially hyped for a coming film.
The weirdest thing was seeing how many images and ideas fit with my dream version, it was particularly trippy considering the ideas about dreams in the film! Freaked me out.
I saw it 5/6 times in the theatre. It was the year after school finished and I had started at college, was miserable cuz I hated the place. Most days I would skip classes and sit in the park, drinking and writing. That summer I wrote a PoD sequel outline, which focussed on the homeless 'followers', and featured an ancient box that contained two different pills - one of which caused a reality perception shift...
fast forward 13 years to The Matrix.

I really like Prince of Darkness.

:)
I am travelling and have yet to find a decent way to watch the Prince online. Frustrating as I have signed up and was expecting to join again. A tour through the nightmarish electronics superstores here came up with nothing, as expected. Still hoping to find it as pay per view somewhere. Any pointers? I'm currently located in Germany, which probably doesn't help. Thank you!
ScoJo wrote:In the run up to the film's release in the Uk, in May '88, it was trailered on tv with short spots and also previewed in Fangoria. I was so excited for it that I actually dreamed the whole movie - like, an entire epic dream filled with characters, plot, imagery. I would very occasionally do this when I was especially hyped for a coming film.
The weirdest thing was seeing how many images and ideas fit with my dream version, it was particularly trippy considering the ideas about dreams in the film! Freaked me out.
I saw it 5/6 times in the theatre. It was the year after school finished and I had started at college, was miserable cuz I hated the place. Most days I would skip classes and sit in the park, drinking and writing. That summer I wrote a PoD sequel outline, which focussed on the homeless 'followers', and featured an ancient box that contained two different pills - one of which caused a reality perception shift...
fast forward 13 years to The Matrix.

I really like Prince of Darkness.

:)
This is all so fantastic. If similarly inspired, I may take pad and pen (and bottle) to the park after the sync. Feeling pretty productive this morning.
static14 wrote:Ugh. Looks like I'll be missing out on this one gents. In-laws are coming over for dinner :/
Southerners and their early suppers.

PS - Bon appétit et bon chance!
Sadly, I'm out. I simply haven't been able to source the film without being bombarded with pop-ups (ebay is particularly infested). Says a lot about film distribution in the digital age, I guess.
Anyway, sorry about that - hope you'll have a great viewing and I hope to join for the next one for sure.
10 mins to go.

Too bad for the guys that needed to drop out. I know from experience it's not easy to say days or weeks in advance that you can give up a couple of hours for the sync.

Who's all here?

I'm set up, ready with the Studio Canal logo about to come on.

8 mins to go!