A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By maxlevel
I just ordered the WWWTFWW soundtrack. The DJ Shadow/tricky/nihls fram album release this year has its moments of joy alongside some truly horrific reworkings..

But basically, the new film was ok, not anything like as awe inspiring as the original but those visuals are something else. And poor old ScaJo looks like she needs a shit the whole time
By deafmetal
Hard to believe this myself, but I still have not seen the new film or listened to the soundtrack. I was planning to catch it with my brother in IMAX 3D, as we are both hardcore Masamune Shirow fans, but it just never worked out. I think I listened to the big "main theme remix" track, and was underwhelmed. I much prefer Makai's "Beneath The Mask" jungle/drum n' bass remix from the late 90's. Anyway, I saw it's on demand now, so I will probably catch it at home now when I get the chance. Based on what I'm hearing though, it sounds like a bit of a disappointment, and I also thought the choice to cast ScarJo as the Major was a money grab and a bit offensive to the Japanese origins of the character. Ah, well, at least she is very easy on the eyes even in cyborg flesh.
The movie looks pretty good and the international casting, in spite of the more than fair white washing complaints, is really fun, but the movie itself is wet cardboard. Still worth watching for any number of reasons, especially if you're a GitS fan, but it's utterly forgettable and downright poorly written/edited/paced in places. Oh, and the music was no bueno.

PS - In case this seems too harsh, know that I was about to push the submit button on a post that simply read, "meh", but decided to expound instead. So please bear that in mind.