A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
And last night.....a special appearance of a special piece of music that seems to divide people. I actually always liked it so I was happy.

And yeah that's sacred bones' logo in the corner so that's a done deal!

Edit: it's up on their website too, says vinyl forthcoming.

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/coll ... urce-vol-1
Hatter313 wrote:And last night.....a special appearance of a special piece of music that seems to divide people. I actually always liked it so I was happy.
And Jason Vorhees circa 2009.
By Hatter313
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Hatter313 wrote:And last night.....a special appearance of a special piece of music that seems to divide people. I actually always liked it so I was happy.
And Jason Vorhees circa 2009.
hahahahaha, yeah.
By Hatter313
I'll be as spoiler free as I can per tonight (part 14)

Yo.....Sarah Palmer......
Yo......Andy.......
Yo......James

But seriously.....Sarah Palmer....

wow
By Hatter313
for all the sadness and darkness in this series, that opening 15 minutes was everything. If the theme of this season is putting things right, then that was one hell of a way to start. That kiss got a full on applause in my living room, some people waiting decades for it to happen.

and the light out in the cabin towards the end...definitely a tear jerker.

overall, the last two episodes have been incredible, and as these last few hours air I'm still thrilled we got so much more than we ever thought.
By Hatter313
Well......That was just the most satisfying damned thing ever.
By Hatter313
I've watched that scene alone a dozen times since it aired....which was all of 25 hours ago, and I slept and went to work in between....

I'm rewatching the first part now, going to binge it all up to Sunday....and then probably start at the original pilot and do it all again haha.
By Hatter313
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahaha

Well.....I don't know about you guys but I'm sitting in my living room staring at my screen.....I made my friends drive me to a bodega near my house so I could buy a pack of cigarettes.....

This morning I watched the season 2 finale and thought to myself.....in a few hours I will have closure......

I don't even have the words
By ScoJo
Well I'm having to practice some Buddhist tolerance/delayed gratification until i can watch it this evening - I did ask my TP buddy if she wanted to do the finale 'live' at 1am but sadly she had early work start today so no go. Avoiding twitter today as if it was Audrey's shit heel son lurking menacingly in a booth at the Bang Bang Bar......

In the meanwhile, pop quiz guys!

Q. YOUR FAVOURITE THREE MUSIC PERFORMANCES IN THIS SEASON.....GO!
By Hatter313
Chromatics
au' revoir simone
Trouble
By ScoJo
Great choices @Hatter

It's tough, but I think I would have to go

N.I.N (because...)
Chromatics (1st appearance, 'Shadow' from Windswept)
James (controversial I know...but man, I got OG TP goosebumps big time)
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote:Great choices @Hatter

It's tough, but I think I would have to go

N.I.N (because...)
Chromatics (1st appearance, 'Shadow' from Windswept)
James (controversial I know...but man, I got OG TP goosebumps big time)

I loved the James one, but I think you and I may be the only people who like that song hahaha.

And yeah man, that NIN song, fantastic!
By ScoJo
That was an extraordinary 2 hours of anything (let alone television....) It's going to be a while before I'm able to rationally converse about it all, so much to process and unpack. I'm just gonna say - "GO, IRON FIST!!"

Just cycled home in the dark from my friends' new house about 5miles away, and the combination of the finale, a familiar face in unfamiliar surroundings, a few gin and tonics and then the wind in the trees on nearly empty roads made for a surrealistic (and unsettling) journey home.
By deafmetal
No words yet, but these sure have some new perspective:

Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire Walk With Me.

I have no fucking idea. Yet. Give me a minute and I'll sort this all out. I always do.

Except for Inland Empire.

Shit.
By lazyben
I'm still processing this. I actually cleared my schedule so I could watch the finale on Sunday night having been a day or two behind for the whole rest of it. And I'm still not sure what I got for my troubles. Or even whether I liked it as an ending (I certainly liked the season overall and think it had a few hours that exceeded anything else on tv ever).

I had some very lurid dreams on Sunday night anyway.

Bloody Lynch.

I do have some half baked theory as to how it all fits together (so that's an improvement on Inland Empire at least). But I'm definitely going to have to watch all 18 hours again to see what now seems more significant than it did at the time. Some of the internet theories seem a bit too out there to me but who the hell knows.

Cue screaming and cut to darkness.