A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Oh no! That's sucks

Watching lynch with a fever may be inadvisable
By Hatter313
I don't know absolutely about you guys, but I'm very pleased thus far.

Jacobi taking off the spray mask and seeing his trademark glasses underneath made my crowd and I burst out laughing....

And that quick Ben and jerry scene was pitch perfect.

It's taking its time, lynch style, and I love it.

I was worried that it would be too much FWWM, but while it skews that way there's still plenty of quirk and nervously funny moments, and I think those will grow as we get closer and closer to more of the show being in town.

Also....the evolution of the arm...hahaha just nuts.
By ScoJo
Eps 3 and 4 will be hungrily devoured this eve. 100% into it so far.

And I'm not completely sure (need to double check the credits tonight) but I think it's shot on film. Which means a return to 'real cinema' with an actual DOP (Peter Deming-Lost Highway/Mulholland) after Lynch proclaimed he was done with celluloid and shot Inland Empire himself on a shitty camcorder.

Which means this particular Lynch-o-file is very excited :)
By lazyben
So...it's better than the wicker tree then?

Showtime is the one network I don't currently have, was just waiting for the reviews on this to change that. I couldn't take that level of disappointment again.
By Hatter313
hahahahaa, Yes, it is better than the wicker tree...most things are better than the wicker tree.
By ScoJo
@Lazyben -

Ahh the Wicker Tree. That truly did suck the fabled hairy bird.

UPDATE: Nope, TP shot on digital. Looking damn fine though. I guess I got carried away believing that Lynch had returned to print film.
By Hatter313
Damn fine, that's how.

I think I'm going to watch them again, but so far my favorite classic cast scene was bobby's, he's one of the best, most well developed characters in the show and his scene in this was great.
By lazyben
OK, I'm signed up for showtime and hot diggity damn the good bits of this are good. Not quite sure what the hell is going on at points but that's why I love Lynch in the first place.
By ScoJo
So so much wtf.....

I've now had a friend say she wants to come over and watch with me so I'm saving ep4 until she is caught up - really looking forward to seeing the first 3 with someone else, the OG series transmissions were a ritual communal experience for me back in my youth.

@ben - I have almost no idea what's going on! But digging the ride....

Oh, and great music appearance at the end of part two! (No spoilers ;)
By deafmetal
Worked some NW black magic last night, and convinced Jamie to watch episodes 1 & 2 with me...

Loved it! Weird, creepy, and just oozing with dark vibes. The sound mix was throttling my subwoofer, and I felt that Lynch & Badalamenti were tapping a strong vein for this new material. For some reason, the blatant fan service of all the return characters did not bother me at all, and it was interesting to see so many of them show up. I might be unfairly biased to give Lynch some slack in this regard compared to something like the new Star Wars films, but it just felt right for Twin Peaks. The overall psychedelic creep factor seemed to be set at a very high notch, and Jamie even said after that it was the creepiest thing she had seen in a while, and it was "sticking with her". Can't wait to check out the next two episodes.
Last edited by deafmetal on Tue May 23, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hatter313
lol....that superlative is going to be surpassed by the beginning of the third episode...whooo boy. Out nightmare fueled himself with that one.
By ScoJo
It was sure sad when Catherine Coulson and Miguel Ferrer appeared - though a great and fitting tribute to both that they filmed their parts before they died.

On a separate note - that pan over evidence at FBI office at end of Ep 3 was hilarious, almost worthy of Naked Gun! :D