A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By blindguy
I can't imagine something like this doesn't already exist, but my few attempts to find something have been fruitless.

I'm looking for a calendar of movies that take place on or around given dates to give me inspiration of things to watch or what score to pull off the shelf for another spin.

With St Patty's day right aroudn the corner I can't think of anything that doesn't have Leprechaun in the title and i'm sure I'm missing plenty. While obvious (April Fools Day is coming up) would be great, more casually referenced stuff would be even better, such as April 20/21 for the Fog.

So, does anyone know if such a thing exists or want to start putting one together?
By Mateo Sanboval
This is a great idea. I bet we could crush this at STBC. February 24 for Twin Peaks springs to mind because that just occurred.
By ScoJo
Seconded!

If anyone is capable of throwing up a shared doc/calendar online somehow, so that we can all fill in those movie dates? I would buy that for a dollar.
By monsterworship
deafmetal wrote:@monster - I was wondering where you found all those dates. RIP Lucio Fulci, died today in 1996.
he made "several" horror movies. lol.

we could also just make up our own alternate facts for whatever we want.
By blindguy
Thanks for the link monster, while not what I'm looking for will definitely serve the same needs. Spun It Follows and watched Black Cat thanks to it yesterday.

I continued digging with no luck, but did realize I almost missed Purge Day Mar 21. Time to finally watch the third one.
By Mateo Sanboval
blindguy wrote:Thanks for the link monster, while not what I'm looking for will definitely serve the same needs. Spun It Follows and watched Black Cat thanks to it yesterday.

I continued digging with no luck, but did realize I almost missed Purge Day Mar 21. Time to finally watch the third one.
I've still never seen a Purge film, but I do like the idea of the "fake" dates. Like every single Friday the 13th (especially in the Summer).