A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
I am fine with all of this. Excited, even. I do wonder if that date is realistic, but whatever; bring on more Halloween.
By Hatter313
Well....ok, show us what you've got!
By Mateo Sanboval
monsterworship wrote:Only want Halloween 3 part 2.

More kid kills...
Seconded hard.
By Hatter313
Just announced that it will be a sequel to 1 and 2, (so basically a third timeline) and that Jaime Lee is coming back as Laurie..

Call me excited!

If this isn't called H40 I'm going to be very disappointed.
By skeletonbutt
Wow, it's crazy that there is as much time between the original Halloween and H20 as there is between H20 and this new one.
By J.R.
Excited. I just watched Halloween 4 for my blog and forgot how hot Kathleen Kinmont is! Anyway, bring on more Michael!

... and yeah, Season of the Witch 2: Electric Boogaloo I'm all for!
By Hatter313
The good news about this project keeps coming:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ial-career

Looks like JC is handling the music for the new one, he says its either rerecording old material, amplifying it somehow, or writing new stuff, but in any case its more Carpenter Halloween and thats just fine by me. still seems to be some confusion as to whether this is a sequel to H2 or just H1...i'm good either way.
By Hatter313
I’m consistently pleased by this whole the big, I hope it works out. I’m not crazy enough to think it will be another “one” but I’m confident it will be up to 2,4,7 quality.
By ScoJo
Cool little interview. I continue to be pretty excited.
Last edited by ScoJo on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ScoJo
I have a personal theory about a possible major story point in this new film, something which would be surprising, shocking and very inside-baseball clever if they DID go there. DM me if you want to know. But be careful- I'm occasionally right about such things!! (and quite often...not heh heh)

;-)
By Mateo Sanboval
He mentions having worked with his dad on scores before and I'm left wondering, since I'm apparently too lazy to Google, which films those would be. Also, and I mean this with great respect for Cody's music and the genre in general, please keep the prog out of my Halloween. Please.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:He mentions having worked with his dad on scores before and I'm left wondering, since I'm apparently too lazy to Google, which films those would be. Also, and I mean this with great respect for Cody's music and the genre in general, please keep the prog out of my Halloween. Please.
Cody composed the scores for both of Papa C's entries in Masters of Horror, "Cigarette Burns " and "Pro-Life". I imagine JC having a good deal of input on those. (Personally I think they're both fine horror scores, but I'm especially partial to the latter - wouldn't say no to either of them appearing on wax quite frankly.)
By Mateo Sanboval
I had no idea. In fact, outside of maybe an episode, I've never watched that series.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I had no idea. In fact, outside of maybe an episode, I've never watched that series.
There's a handful of excellent eps, both of Joe Dante's are stone classics and worth your time. The rest are up n down, as with most horror series/anthologies. I recall digging Argento's and Takashi Miike's whacked out entries, Don Coscarelli's was good, and both of the Horror Master's are pretty great IMO - Ron Perlman's astonishing perf in Pro-Life is...astonishing, and makes up for a somewhat rubbery (and unnecessary) full-shot final demon appearance. I'm sure there were others which I enjoyed too. Mick Garris' was typically woeful heh heh. Lovely guy, great force for good in the genre, terrible director!! ;)
By ChrisMcQueen007
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I had no idea. In fact, outside of maybe an episode, I've never watched that series.
Cigarette burns is excellent, quite dark while still also strangely fun and in any case intriguing.
I watched it last year for the first time (somehow didn’t feel like seeking it out before) and would recommend it to anyone who likes Carpenter and hasn‘t seen it.
By Mateo Sanboval
Thanks, Boys! I'll make it a priority come anthology season (October for the non-believers).
By Mateo Sanboval
How'd it sound?
By 334578rpm
Strange they took it down.
Starts out very similar to the original Halloween theme (more piano than synth). But gets a bit "rockier" adding live drums. That's all I remember from this morning.

Edit: I expected it to be closer to the Anthology version, but it was quite different.
By Mateo Sanboval
334578rpm wrote:Strange they took it down.
Starts out very similar to the original Halloween theme (more piano than synth). But gets a bit "rockier" adding live drums. That's all I remember from this morning.

Edit: I expected it to be closer to the Anthology version, but it was quite different.
Just saw a Twitter post from Ryan Turek, a producer of H2018, and, according to him, this was a fake. No word on who made it though...