A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Gave my Ghosts of Mars the cleaning of its life and, lo and behold, despite still having visual scum+scuffs it kinda plays okay!

So, rocking the shit out of it at hectic volume - as for my neighbours? Well, like Willem Dafoe sez in To Live and Die In LA:

"Now, I don't know whether you're into it but you're gonna have to suck on this!"

Have my JC collection down off the shelf for a bit of a sort through/some spins, so busted out the wide (Panavision) lens... this is after I sold on a bunch of re-issues this year that I just wasn't spinning/when money-times were tight (Mondo Halloween, Waxwork 'snow' The Thing, some DWRCs...)
IMG_2477.jpg
IMG_2477.jpg (847.78 KiB) Viewed 4947 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Beautiful picture and a even beautifuller collection.

PS - Consider yourself lucky; even after a cleaning, mine still hisses and spits.
By ScoJo
@mateo - don't get me wrong bro, it's not great...just listenable. I'm most definitely holding out for a re-press/replacement.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:@mateo - don't get me wrong bro, it's not great...just listenable. I'm most definitely holding out for a re-press/replacement.
Loud and clear.
By inksb
Killer JC collection ScoJo. My jealousy is at capacity right now. I love that stupid Italo-disco JC record, I need to order a copy for myself. I've listened to it digitally too many times.
By deafmetal
@ScoJo - Stunning collection (and photo!). If that's not inspiring, then I'm not sure what is around here. You should post that in the soundtrack collections thread as well.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:Gave my Ghosts of Mars the cleaning of its life and, lo and behold, despite still having visual scum+scuffs it kinda plays okay!

So, rocking the shit out of it at hectic volume - as for my neighbours? Well, like Willem Dafoe sez in To Live and Die In LA:

"Now, I don't know whether you're into it but you're gonna have to suck on this!"

Have my JC collection down off the shelf for a bit of a sort through/some spins, so busted out the wide (Panavision) lens... this is after I sold on a bunch of re-issues this year that I just wasn't spinning/when money-times were tight (Mondo Halloween, Waxwork 'snow' The Thing, some DWRCs...)
IMG_2477.jpg

You should use this picture as the cover of a John Carpenter tribute album :-)
Damn, what a collection. Respect, Sir!
By ScoJo
I'm all in for the Art.

Usually not too fussed about getting SB 'special' versions of their JC releases, but this edition has the sleeve design which appeals to me most.

And now.....onwards to THE MUSIC!*

*Clue: it's just 40mins of the Horror Master farting the classic theme... with intermittent applause from his family.
By Hatter313
Picked up the Art edition from SB, can't wait :)
By NathanLurker
I'm going to be quite happy with just the cheapest edition available on this one. the art edition doesn't do much for me. So I'll wait for my local store to have them in stock and hope they have black or a plain single color vinyl.

new theme sounds great. I don't expect much from the film but I'm excited to go see it in theater
By Mateo Sanboval
Stranger Halloweens...

(I bought the SB art variant.)
By chiefbrody
I actually like the "Art" edition artwork enough to seek it out. Not enough to pay postage and customs to get the Sacred Bones version though - I'll be hoping to pick up the Tour "Art" edition. Planning on going to see the film and then pick up the Tour edition at the Glasgow show on release day.

Side Moan: I wish SB did Flac instead of mp3 download cards.
By Mateo Sanboval
chiefbrody wrote:Side Moan: I wish SB did Flac instead of mp3 download cards.
Legit gripe. It's time people. Lossless downloads or gtfo.
By Mateo Sanboval
Jimmy_Mike wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Legit gripe. It's time people. Lossless downloads or gtfo.
BODY MASSAGE MACHINE
b o d y m a s s a g e
By Hatter313
https://mobile.twitter.com/halloweenmov ... 74/video/1

New trailer, I’m very excited. Two things, 1, he picked up the knife off the cutting board while someone is making a sandwich...the references begin.

2. This shot in the trailer was frankly all I needed to be assuaged that at least the right people are doing this no matter how it turns out
F0DE8F6B-5C06-4C02-B176-07005E3B23C2.png
F0DE8F6B-5C06-4C02-B176-07005E3B23C2.png (824.61 KiB) Viewed 4674 times
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote:HYPE: First preview track from the new score-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=epqHXzFCZiA

(sorry cant embed link on my dumb phone)

Yep....that’s the stuff right there, love it.
By deafmetal
best youtube comment:

Matista217
7 hours ago
CARPENTER SYNTHS IN 2018
WE’RE ON THE BEST TIMELINE LADS
By Mateo Sanboval
I'm so gaoddam ready.
By Mateo Sanboval
Is anybody heading to the LA show and be willing to pick me up a copy of the tour edition of the 2018 score? Die-cut sleeve, red splatter wax. You know the one. Anyhow, just thought I'd throw it out there. Chin chin!