A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Jimmy_Mike
So I want to get my kids into the spookier side of Halloween. I want it to be more than throwing on a costume one night and candy greed. I'd like to introduce spooky/horror movies into the family Friday movie night. My kids are 8 and 6. Any recommendations? And feel free to let me know that I'm a bad dad for this idea. I for one just saw the trailers and Burger King promotions for Gremlins and it ruined me for years. Ha, thank for the help, dudes.
By ScoJo
Dudes....it's gotta be The Monster Squad, right?

Might be a bit intense in parts for the little one, but that's the point yeah?
the-monster-squad.jpg
the-monster-squad.jpg (120.9 KiB) Viewed 2950 times
By static14
We're easing my 6 year old into horror pretty lightly as well.

She has really liked Goosebumps, Paranorman, Coraline, and The Nightmare Before Christmas to name a few.

Sure they're all on the lighter side of things, but I think it's a good starting point. :)
By Hatter313
something wicked this way comes is a solid choice but may be not yet, mad monster party for sure, not horror but horror themed :)
By Hatter313
It's my all time favorite book, read it a dozen times and always this time of year, starting it again probably tonight actually. The film is great, James horners score, which was rushed into production by the studio, is fantastic. Hoping one of our labels does it one day. The rejected score by George delerue is nice as well, but I prefer horners probably because of familiarity. I liked a lot like the kid who played Will when I was younger and my grandfather (and now my father too these days come to think of it) could pass for Jason Robards in the right light so there's a lot going in that movie for me.