A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Is this getting a vinyl release? Have I missed an already existing one? I think the score is great.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:@Mateo - Milan is releasing it on vinyl in 2017. Stoked! Looking forward to another viewing of the film on blu-ray as well.
You and me both, Brother. Thanks for the knowledge. I've been pleased with each Milan LP I own; quality. I do wish they'd put Cold In July on wax, but that's another story for another day.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:Gaaaaaaaah, so good!
***WARNING!!! ---INTERNET PARLANCE--- WARNING!!!***
I can't even.
***WARNING!!! ---INTERNET PARLANCE--- WARNING!!!***
By deafmetal
US blu-ray release date is August 1st, 2017. Looks to be barebones compared to the Toho release, no 4K version, and contains a pointless (imho) English voice dub. I might seek out the Australian blu which I hear contains all the Toho bonus material with English subtitles.

Still hoping to see the OST vinyl release from Milan. Very excited to watch the film again. I felt it was the most faithful Godzilla film to the spirit of the original Gojira from 1954.
By Mateo Sanboval
Thanks for the US release date, Deaf. Do you (or anyone else) have any idea if the AU release is region free?
By Mateo Sanboval
maxlevel wrote:Appears Aussie version is B? So frustrating there's only Hong Kong, Aussie and US bare bones releases. I just want to watch the damn movie

http://www.blu-ray.com/search/?quicksea ... uraymovies
Thank you for that link, Max. There is some good info there. It may very well be limited to region B, but often times the DVDs have to be physically in hand before people can find out whether they are region free or not. I will probably wait another month or so to see any richer versions are playable on a region a player. Who knows, perhaps the u.s. Blu-ray comes down in price in the interim?
By maxlevel
Yes totally agree. Instead of pulling the trigger just be patient and there will no doubt be a UK release worth picking up. I bought a multi region blu Ray player so this isn't such a huge factor but the shitty features will make me wait. I would have gone for the US version if it was better featured!
By maxlevel
Saw this at the Prince Charles today, loved it. Its really wordy, like text all over the screen at times so it can be a bit hard to follow. Its a fairly broad stroke satire of beurocracy, a pretty good sense of humour about itself and some fantastic monster destruction. Also, some excellent Steadicam shots, and the music was wonderful at times.

Loads of atomic breath and one character was even born in Hiroshima. What more do you need