A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
@maxlevel - Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I watched it again on blu-ray over the weekend. For the theatrical version, there was indeed a lot of duplicate subtitles where they have both informational subtitles in Japanese along with the English translations (and dialogue subs on top of that!). It's a bit less cluttered on the US home video version, as they only show the informational subs in English. It felt a bit less overwhelming that way.

I enjoyed it quite a lot the second time through, and I also love the self-deprecating humor. The whole bit about how the creature was named was clever and a bit hilarious. I have some thoughts on the creature origin tied to the missing professor... wonder if we will see any of that in a sequel, or if things will just go straight to Godzilla vs Evangelion. Sign me up either way.
By maxlevel
@deadmetal what do you make of the final shot of the tail, with the humanoid things? There was a small scene where they speculate the spine is part of the reproductive system.

There was also one single line of dialogue about the stock markets, how the crash would mean huge losses and huge profits for someone else. I took it to mean short selling. So much detail to chew on!
By deafmetal
[[[WARNING: potential spoilers]]] go watch the film already!

@max - I think the humanoids are possibly the fifth form evolution, and I would expect them to feature in any sequel. I wonder if the the missing professor somehow found a way to spawn the creature, or somehow added himself to the mix as a catalyst...