A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

Nice work, Bez! Who knew one could simply...start a thread?! Amazing stuff this Internet. The print is cool, but I passed on it; just not my style. I did, however, buy this super rad Demogorgon pin!
ImageThat's right, a pin. You know, the things I have little interest in and never wear and only bought one of because it was that dude's head exploding from Scanners, but now i have four of these fucking things oh my God what am I doing with my life.

Also, the show was real, real good.
YoooOo that season finale was dope af. Had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Really hope season 2 is the same cast continuing this story.

Oh yeah, not sure if it was posted in one of the other threads, but Lakeshore recs are releasing the soundtrack.
Really enjoyed the whole thing. The cast were excellent, and it managed to remain tense and gripping the whole way. It even managed to nail it with the ending.

I'm not sure how I feel about a season 2. I loved season 1 and the characters and story, but I'm not sure I think the story needs another 8 episodes. Maybe they'll go the way of Fargo (excellent) or True Detective (not so much) in making the second season largely or entirely unrelated. Either way, they'll have me locked in for episode 1.
I'm with you, Chief. I have an easier time imagining an anthology series than a continuation of this one. I was impressed that they left comfortable little cliffhangers; the kind that they can be left unattended to without harming the story. I remember a time when a small cliffhanger or unresolved storyline wasn't the go to move of preemptive franchising, but a method of playful storytelling. I kind of hope it's the latter in this case, but I'll back either way. It was a fantastic show.
I do agree with both of you. If the story is done I'm totally ok with that. The ending was great and cliffhangers like Wills condition at the end of the show are ok left unanswered. I just was hearing that season 2 was locked in and people were saying the same cast will be returning. I do think they can do another season continuing off this first one, but whatever they choose to do, I'll be ready.
By Hatter313
I'm for more either way. 100% fine with whatever direction it goes.

A buddy of mine whose tastes align with a lot of us on here (he also collects records but has yet to be lured to the OST side) said it best "I feel like this was written for us...as a gift"
Mateo, you've called it right again my friend. The ending, left as it is, is in keeping with a lot of greats within the genre - left open to the imagination.

I'll say it again though, should the second season be a continuation, these guys have built up a massive amount of goodwill with me, so I'll give it every chance. It's rare that a first season ticks all the boxes right off the bat.

I know some of the cultural references put people off, but I thought it was well balanced, and it would've worked with or without them - it was just an added bonus for people 'like us'!
Well it seems that it's confirmed in a few new interviews that I cant be bothered to link right now. Season 2 will continue the story with the same cast and some new faces. They gave a very vague plot, saying that after the events of season 1 a massive cover up is under way to hide what happened.
I'll give it a shot but I have my reservations. I don't want to love season one then be disappointed with the second season, like I am with Mr. Robot. I think I'd prefer the True Detective route of starting a new story each season.