A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
@monster - Thank you for the heads up! One of the best horror/suspense/gore films ever, imho.

It would have been interesting to see some new interviews with Morricone and Carpenter regarding this one, especially after all the weirdness with The Hateful Eight, etc.
By NathanLurker
Classic film. This and Alien are probably my two favorite horror films. I'm not gonna buy this edition though, I'm happy with a regular blu-ray release of the movie, but yeah, a must-have movie.
I also forgot that I had bought the Mondo steelbook version over the winter, it's cool too. So this will be my third Thing blu-ray seems to be some cool extra features on this one though.

also reminds me I need to decide what to have JC sign next month at the meet and greet.
By Hatter313
I clandestinely ordered it while at a large off site meeting for work because I knew there was no way it would be around much after that email came in. Double dip for me, as i had caved and assumed they wouldn't get it so picked up the mondo steel book, but as i've mentioned before, not a unique experience for me and scream.
By deafmetal
monsterworship wrote:also reminds me I need to decide what to have JC sign next month at the meet and greet.
Same here, @monster. I wish I could easily remove my Drew Struzan print for The Thing from the frame and bring that down, but there is no way that I'm going to risk that. It is all sealed up nicely on the back, and with my luck it would get damaged at the show. I am probably going to bring a couple LP sleeves to get signed.