A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Little Walter
So, my wife founded a non-profit cinema club and contacted Ana Lily Amirpour about screening A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night here in town. Amirpour proceeded to talk about how much using acid influenced her directing and how impulse motivated scene after scene. Anyway, she eventually excitedly detailed her next project which she "just wrapped up" and I can't say too much about except for a rough synopsis: it's a "cannibal love story starring Keanu Reeves." I don't have any information on the soundtrack yet, but I'm prepared for a banger. Her first film really sunk in deep for me, and I have to say I'm an instant fan. That synopsis alone, perhaps especially due to the ambiguity, has me jazzed to the rafters.
By Hatter313
Amirpour is going to go down in film history as a seriously important voice in a lot of ways from genre to progressive strides in the industry itself. AGWHAAN was fantastic, and when a young director gets universal applause and comparisons to Lynch and Tarantino in the same breath, take notice.