A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Outside of the turd of a film, Halloween Ends, I watched the following films.

By ScoJo
F4331208-5C48-488A-BE88-A3CD53A194EA.jpeg
F4331208-5C48-488A-BE88-A3CD53A194EA.jpeg (243.81 KiB) Viewed 989 times
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:14 pm Outside of the turd of a film, Halloween Ends, I watched the following films.

I really liked bodies bodies bodies
Love sleepy hollow
Love WNUF
I’ve got ghostwatch of order but Amazon says not till December now? I’ve only seen clips
American werewolf is always a good decision
How was She Will? Where is it available I feel like I keep thinking it’s out and then can’t find it
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:18 pm
I really liked bodies bodies bodies
Love sleepy hollow
Love WNUF
I’ve got ghostwatch of order but Amazon says not till December now? I’ve only seen clips
American werewolf is always a good decision
How was She Will? Where is it available I feel like I keep thinking it’s out and then can’t find it
Bodies Bodies Bodies was pretty fun, it teetered on the edge of driving me nuts with annoying characters the entire time and the ending was so damn good.

Ghostwatch was excellent, I found an old DVD rip of it, I wanted to watch the new bluray but realized it wasn't out. If you like WNUF then you'll enjoy Ghostwatch.

She Will just released last Thursday on Shudder. It's a slow burn but well worth it.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:17 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:53 am
EvanCampbell wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:00 pm Bez ignore my complete confusion haha...although I do believe a lost boys was made in the 2000s. I think a remake is in the works soon also.
Haha. This was the 4k version of The Lost Boys and I had never seen it before. Loved it though!
I didn't know there were more, but after your comment I went looking and found a sequel in 2008 and 2010... But I don't think I will bother with those.
They are not good, just skip them. I watched half of the first sequel and bailed. How big was the 4K file of Lost Boys that you watched? Did it have HDR?
Remux of the UHD which should mean a direct copy of the movie itself plus audiotracks and subtitles but without menu's and extra's: 57GB for The Lost Boys and HDR10. So no dynamic HDR. Apparently it is difficult to copy DV content and if it is possible only a few mediaplayers (Shield) are able to play it.
For me the lossless HD audio is the biggest benefit of these remuxes.
By Bezulsqy
Just now watched Top Gun Maverick. Loved it and all its cliches, testosteron and dogfighting bla bla. Fist pump!!!
By NathanLurker
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:59 pm *Invasion of the Body Snatchers*
I really love the Body Snatchers book, and the first 2 adaptations. I have only seen the 90's remake when I was like, 12 or something, I have to revisit to form an opinion on it, and I think when ''Invasion''(2007) came out, I loved some things about it, and disliked others, and it ended up being forgettable, but I wonder if the tortuous production ruined what it could have been. I wonder what the original vision from the director would have been like. I am partial to the original 50's adaptation, I think it's my favorite sci-fi/horror flick from the 50's and I like Miles and Becky.

I would love for a new adaptation on film to happen.
By Bezulsqy
NathanLurker wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 8:21 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:59 pm *Invasion of the Body Snatchers*
I really love the Body Snatchers book, and the first 2 adaptations. I have only seen the 90's remake when I was like, 12 or something, I have to revisit to form an opinion on it, and I think when ''Invasion''(2007) came out, I loved some things about it, and disliked others, and it ended up being forgettable, but I wonder if the tortuous production ruined what it could have been. I wonder what the original vision from the director would have been like. I am partial to the original 50's adaptation, I think it's my favorite sci-fi/horror flick from the 50's and I like Miles and Becky.

I would love for a new adaptation on film to happen.
I thought I had seen the 1978 remake but apparently I only had seen the 90's remake back when it came out on VHS. Never seen the original nor read the book.
I did love the 1978 adaptation. And a fantastic score!
By inksb
Bez you're a mad man! I'm currently watching this...

PSX_20221031_100747.jpg
PSX_20221031_100747.jpg (204.93 KiB) Viewed 809 times
PSX_20221031_100837.jpg
PSX_20221031_100837.jpg (176.33 KiB) Viewed 809 times
Last edited by inksb on Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bezulsqy
After watching Curse... Why are we hating Halloween Ends...
What does it all mean?
Can we simply enjoy the first three and forget all the rest?
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:16 pm After watching Curse... Why are we hating Halloween Ends...
What does it all mean?
Can we simply enjoy the first three and forget all the rest?
cheers-you-win.gif
cheers-you-win.gif (241.46 KiB) Viewed 799 times

Though tbh... I don't really like 2 either hahahahaha
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:05 pm Bez you're a mad man! I'm currently watching this...

PSX_20221031_100747.jpgPSX_20221031_100837.jpg
You Four Kay up in that humpy bumpy, inks?

Either way... respec.
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:10 pm
inksb wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:05 pm Bez you're a mad man! I'm currently watching this...

You Four Kay up in that humpy bumpy, inks?

Either way... respec.
Sure did. Can't you see how beautiful Tom's face is there?!?!?!
By ChrisMcQueen007

Never change a winning system - still got that coming later tonight, looking forward to it as always.
By inksb
I was a bit more busy that I had anticipated this weekend but I managed to squeeze in a few movies and some TV.

Halloween 3
- as previously discussed
Popcorn - can't say I'm a big fan of this, it was my third watch and still don't know why it's so loved. Demons is a better trapped in movie theater film
Trick R Treat - Halloween staple for me and the mrs
Cabinet of Curiosities EP 1-5 - Episodes 3-5 are quite strong, first two were just OK for me
Chopping Mall - I was able to catch another in person Joe Bob Briggs screening, this time at my old "local" theater. Darcy was there this time and the owner of Fright Rags did a nice big intro for them before they came on stage. Ben actually did a Joe Bob screening 4-5 years ago where him and his brother built the old Monster Vision stage just for the event themselves which was before Joe Bob's big resurgence. I was supposed to go to that but ended up having to cancel my plans due to some family stuff that night. Chopping Mall was great as always and they played the original opening on 35mm with the Killbots title before Corman changed it to Chopping Mall. Aside from that it was also the worst theater going experience of my life and that includes the time I was pissing blood from a kidney stone. There were a group of 5 or 6 people behind me who were so fucking rude through out the intro and wait time before the show began, then during the show the woman directly behind talked at full volume the entire time about stuff that was not related to the movie. At one point she just started talking to her friend about Rings of Power and how she didn't like the first episode. Her friend was at least using quiet theater whisper voice to respond but not once did she tell her friend to be quiet or shut up. We tried to move but it was a packed house and you could just hear her through out the entire room because it's not that big.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:42 pm I was a bit more busy that I had anticipated this weekend but I managed to squeeze in a few movies and some TV.

Halloween 3
- as previously discussed
Popcorn - can't say I'm a big fan of this, it was my third watch and still don't know why it's so loved. Demons is a better trapped in movie theater film
Trick R Treat - Halloween staple for me and the mrs
Cabinet of Curiosities EP 1-5 - Episodes 3-5 are quite strong, first two were just OK for me
Chopping Mall - I was able to catch another in person Joe Bob Briggs screening, this time at my old "local" theater. Darcy was there this time and the owner of Fright Rags did a nice big intro for them before they came on stage. Ben actually did a Joe Bob screening 4-5 years ago where him and his brother built the old Monster Vision stage just for the event themselves which was before Joe Bob's big resurgence. I was supposed to go to that but ended up having to cancel my plans due to some family stuff that night. Chopping Mall was great as always and they played the original opening on 35mm with the Killbots title before Corman changed it to Chopping Mall. Aside from that it was also the worst theater going experience of my life and that includes the time I was pissing blood from a kidney stone. There were a group of 5 or 6 people behind me who were so fucking rude through out the intro and wait time before the show began, then during the show the woman directly behind talked at full volume the entire time about stuff that was not related to the movie. At one point she just started talking to her friend about Rings of Power and how she didn't like the first episode. Her friend was at least using quiet theater whisper voice to respond but not once did she tell her friend to be quiet or shut up. We tried to move but it was a packed house and you could just hear her through out the entire room because it's not that big.
Popcorn I have only seen once and I did not remember caring too much about it. Demons on the other hand!
I still have to watch Chopping Mall for the first time... Sucks to hear about those assholes ruining your evening!
By inksb

Out There Halloween Mega Tape

I completely forgot to talk about this, the sequel to WNUF Halloween Sequel. I watched both of these during October and I dare say that the sequel is better than the first? It leans a lot more into the commercials and promos which I think they truly nailed. Overall it felt better paced and had more entertaining gags, the only thing that the first one does better is the finale. They are both great and some may like one more than the other for various reasons but I highly recommend any one that enjoys WNUF check this one out.