A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Poltergeist III has some of the most mind boggling camera optic tricks I've ever seen. It's not as good as 1 & 2 but still worth it just for effects alone. Also sad stories surround that film.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:06 pm Poltergeist III has some of the most mind boggling camera optic tricks I've ever seen. It's not as good as 1 & 2 but still worth it just for effects alone. Also sad stories surround that film.
Yeah, everything in camera, absolutely worth it for that
By static14
Werewolf By Night was excellent! A lot of fun and lots of gore cleverly hidden in the black and white.
By Hatter313
static14 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:51 pm Werewolf By Night was excellent! A lot of fun and lots of gore cleverly hidden in the black and white.
oh i didn't realize this was out, will def check this
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:06 pm Poltergeist III has some of the most mind boggling camera optic tricks I've ever seen. It's not as good as 1 & 2 but still worth it just for effects alone. Also sad stories surround that film.
I was very surprised by the effects. Really good. Movie wasn't bad either although it felt a bit long in the end.

On the UHD 4K note... I see a lot of releases popping up. As I cannot afford them but do have a nice broadband connection I am able to still enjoy them. I was planning on watching The Night of the Living Dead one this weekend... But am I right that Halloween Ends is going to be released tomorrow? I was planning on watching Halloween and Halloween Kills back to back with that one...
By ScoJo
I really don’t want to start a ruckus or anything here, but… someone who has seen H Ends said two things today: firstly, that each of the new trilogy opening titles mirrors the fonts from the original three films… INCLUDING H3! And secondly, that this last movie takes a HUGE swing which not everybody will love.

Now as I say, I’m not about to start a ridiculous hype juggernaut on the eve of it’s release (not my job - I didn’t even like H Kills), but based on these two pieces of info am I nuts for believing/hoping/praying that if they are true, and the below graphic is not BS… then maybe… just maybe… they have folded the H3 mythology into MM canon with this entry?? It would mean that the previous appearances of the Silver Shamrock masks were NOT just fun easter eggs, but breadcrumbs toward what they had always planned to do in part 3?!!

And hear me out - if any of that were true, is it even remotely possible that we might see the long held fringe fan theories come to light, and we get a ROBOT MICHAEL MYERS??!! (or multiple!)

I’m going for a lie down.

D5EA65F6-1C55-4E65-B4B4-4EB52FE2ED75.jpeg
D5EA65F6-1C55-4E65-B4B4-4EB52FE2ED75.jpeg (94.46 KiB) Viewed 768 times
By Bezulsqy
Very very interesting!
All will be revealed…
I decided just now am going to watch them all on Saturday.
By inksb
@scojo you at least just made me mildly interested in watching Ends tomorrow night. I've been just wanting to view it so it's over lol.
By Hatter313
I'm going tonight. i didn't care for Kills either. i think if this theory proves out i will shout loudly enough for you to hear it all other way across the Atlantic. and that shout would be joyous

Edit: after thinking about it i've decided if this movie doesn't end with the Jingle playing and Laurie screaming then i don't think i'll even care for it in the least.

Also one of the central characters names is Corey Cunningham.....i don't want to start opening mystery boxes or anything but thats a preposterous name that sounds an awful lot like trying NOT to be Conal Cochran . i hate a fake out name but in the service of a potential Halloween 3 gag i'm into it.

this is dumb, its probably none of this, but now i like the idea too much.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:37 pm we are already ruining what little hope we had to like this film
haha, it really is amazing how much promise 2018 had and how dashed it was with Kills.
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:42 pm
inksb wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:37 pm we are already ruining what little hope we had to like this film
haha, it really is amazing how much promise 2018 had and how dashed it was with Kills.
I really enjoyed 2018 but upon rewatching it my enjoyment had waned, it's not bad but it's also not great either (at least to me). There's a decent movie in Kills but just made some absolutely piss poor decisions that really made it fall flat on it's face. I'm not even gonna watch Kills again before this bc I disliked it too much.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:51 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:42 pm
I really enjoyed 2018 but upon rewatching it my enjoyment had waned, it's not bad but it's also not great either (at least to me). There's a decent movie in Kills but just made some absolutely piss poor decisions that really made it fall flat on it's face. I'm not even gonna watch Kills again before this bc I disliked it too much.
I agree. 2018 is a good movie but its not this masterpiece. i think its a better than average halloween film, but i still get enjoyment out of 2,3, and potentially 4 and even...yes...H20, more than it. i place it firmly in the middle, whereas Kills goes somewhere near the bottom. All the flashback stuff was solid, and what little Laurie there was was great but so much of that movie just felt like filler for the sake of filler.

What i WILL say is that i like the attempt, i appreciate the thought, and if nothing else we got three extra carpenter albums out of it. for that alone they have my thanks lol.
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:09 pm What i WILL say is that i like the attempt, i appreciate the thought, and if nothing else we got three extra carpenter albums out of it. for that alone they have my thanks lol.
This is the most important part and why I'm completely fine with these films existing. Carpenter's score to Kills is so damn good, I'm really looking forward to what he does in Ends.
By ScoJo
Guys, guys, guys.

It’s called Halloween Ends, right?

And remind me what the outcome of Conal Cochran’s plan was again?

🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹
By Hatter313
Oh believe me, i've already mapped out how it works in my head. i just don't think they have the stones.
By Hatter313
Hi everyone. I wrote a longer version of this but my phone wouldn't let it post so i'm here again. anyway.

Halloween Ends is awful.

Uneven, badly plotted, haphazard, asinine characterizations that were unearned, unnecessary, and in some cases needlessly cruel and sad and melodramatic for the purposes of moving a weak plot forward. Another great performance from Jamie Lee, she did what she could but the movie just wouldn't let itself be hers and it really should have been. For the final outing for her and Michael, this was not the movie they deserved.

Why this was the story they thought they should tell is beyond me. I wasn't even this upset at Halloween Kills.

Excellent score.

Have a good night
By ScoJo
Yes the reviews are in, and almost unanimously line up with Hatter’s response. I try to be optimistic about such things, but after HK this was sadly just what I was expecting. I feel pretty bad for JLC, especially after seeing all the premiere screening hoopla - lot of folks obviously smiling and being diplomatic to her about this latest bad bad movie.

I’m rewatching H20 which is also a pretty shitty film, but at least it’s highly watchable in that shiny, by the numbers 90s-horror way, and heavily Laurie-focussed. And knows what it is.

“…Leading to two tumultuous, round, melon breasts…”
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:01 am Yes the reviews are in, and almost unanimously line up with Hatter’s response. I try to be optimistic about such things, but after HK this was sadly just what I was expecting. I feel pretty bad for JLC, especially after seeing all the premiere screening hoopla - lot of folks obviously smiling and being diplomatic to her about this latest bad bad movie.

I’m rewatching H20 which is also a pretty shitty film, but at least it’s highly watchable in that shiny, by the numbers 90s-horror way, and heavily Laurie-focussed. And knows what it is.

Hahaha I can’t believe you’re watching H20, I know your feelings on it!

I said exactly this too to some friends I went with, say what you will about H20. It’s too short, very dated, and Michael’s occasional cgi mask is something else, but at least it’s pretty much 80 minutes of Laurie dealing with Michael. This was….something else.
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:24 am
ScoJo wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:01 am Yes the reviews are in, and almost unanimously line up with Hatter’s response. I try to be optimistic about such things, but after HK this was sadly just what I was expecting. I feel pretty bad for JLC, especially after seeing all the premiere screening hoopla - lot of folks obviously smiling and being diplomatic to her about this latest bad bad movie.

Hahaha I can’t believe you’re watching H20, I know your feelings on it!

I said exactly this too to some friends I went with, say what you will about H20. It’s too short, very dated, and Michael’s occasional cgi mask is something else, but at least it’s pretty much 80 minutes of Laurie dealing with Michael. This was….something else.
Despite my mum and various friends pestering me to go to the theatre today, I'll be poking this open wound digitally and solo - no way I'm shelling out 20+ bucks and sucking up diseased air for this mofo, and then inflicting my pain on loved ones.
By ScoJo
Well… 20mins in and…

320ED29C-4FA4-4C8A-B7FD-BD95E9B981D6.gif
320ED29C-4FA4-4C8A-B7FD-BD95E9B981D6.gif (2.88 MiB) Viewed 710 times

I genuinely feel your pain having sat watching this in a theatre. At least in my home I can loudly groan at Every. Very. Dumb. Thing.
By Hatter313
People were ANGRY coming out of that theater, I heard my conversation and worse shouted from every corner of the parking lot. We at least felt a sense of solidarity at that point.