A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
Romano Scavolini's 1972 Un bianco vestito per Marialé a.k.a. A White Dress for Marialé
score by Fiorenzo Capri and Bruno Nicolai

By vinyljunkie
Brilliant!
Attachments
128579393_10157910896820852_5745636644135787750_n.jpg
128579393_10157910896820852_5745636644135787750_n.jpg (42.17 KiB) Viewed 1631 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Shitter's full!
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:28 pm IMG_0232.JPG

Mank.

Still need to watch this. I read today in a newspaper that a reviewer loved Mank because she knows and loves Citizen Kane but she wonders if people that haven't seen Citizen Kane (or don't know/like movies from that period) would like Mank. Because of the way it is acted for instance.
What do you think of that?
By ScoJo
Kane is amazing - and I was bored by Mank. Lots to admire, nothing to love for me, especially disappointing as a Fincher fan - I feel like whenever he strays from the 'now' (except for Zodiac, which I don't really feel qualifies as a 'period' piece, though technically it is of course) he flounders. Fincher needs the zeitgeist to really get his juices going. This and Benjamin Button are both in the 'one time watch' pile, whereas I will happily watch any of his other movies multiple times. Watch it though, see what you think! (also I've never been a big fan of older Oldman, very mannered and not my cuppa tea acting wise - he's especially stiff and unexciting in this)
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:57 pm Kane is amazing - and I was bored by Mank. Lots to admire, nothing to love for me, especially disappointing as a Fincher fan - I feel like whenever he strays from the 'now' (except for Zodiac, which I don't really feel qualifies as a 'period' piece, though technically it is of course) he flounders. Fincher needs the zeitgeist to really get his juices going. This and Benjamin Button are both in the 'one time watch' pile, whereas I will happily watch any of his other movies multiple times. Watch it though, see what you think! (also I've never been a big fan of older Oldman, very mannered and not my cuppa tea acting wise - he's especially stiff and unexciting in this)
Thanks for the info. I have never seen Benjamin Button :-) I rewatched Zodiac beginning of the year and I didn't love it as much as I remembered from a viewing some years ago.
I will let Mank sit on the to watch shelf for some time then...
By Bezulsqy
My girlfriend and I just finished watching King of New York. We had never seen it both liked it a lot. And it looked fantastic in 4K. What can one say about Christopher Walken? He's got moves!

Now she went to bed so I can watch this:

I will be reading along from the film sync thread.
By Bezulsqy
I think I have only seen up to VI. This one probably is my first viewing... although not really sure...

By Mateo Sanboval
Bez, King Of New York is a seriously great film. That's so awesome that you both got to experience it together for the first time.
By ScoJo
Bez, Part VII is a seriously decent Friday film. That's so awesome that you got to experience it on your own for (possibly) the first time?
By ScoJo
static14 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:51 am @Bez VII is my favorite flick in the series. :)
RIP Beuchler. The king of monster-rubber at Empire Pictures.
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:28 am Bez, King Of New York is a seriously great film. That's so awesome that you both got to experience it together for the first time.
Yes, this was a very nice surprise. Next week maybe Scarface. That one I have seen a couple times but my girlfriend never.

@Static/ScoJo: Friday the 13th VII was a bit boring. I had indeed never seen it before. And how big has Jason become?
Next week I finally get to see VIII...
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:25 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:28 am Bez, King Of New York is a seriously great film. That's so awesome that you both got to experience it together for the first time.
Yes, this was a very nice surprise. Next week maybe Scarface. That one I have seen a couple times but my girlfriend never.

@Static/ScoJo: Friday the 13th VII was a bit boring. I had indeed never seen it before. And how big has Jason become?
Next week I finally get to see VIII...
Well, Kane Hodder is now under that mask and he's a huge fucker. Menacing as hell even in is day clothes!

For better or worse Beuchler was really into part VII going heavy on stunts- which gives it a bit of a cheesy 'action' movie vibe for me, and less suspense horror (if that makes sense?)
Didn't really excite me too much either tbh, but it's certainly far from the worst of the series. Some creative kills (in their original uncut glory, of course)
By static14
@Bez I stand by my love for Part VII :)
Attachments
B4B89EE5-938A-4402-8B7D-B565A011FA43.jpeg
B4B89EE5-938A-4402-8B7D-B565A011FA43.jpeg (627.47 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
By EvanCampbell
I have not seen Friday Vll....actually only seen up to
5. Guess I should check out that one.

I know so many effects guys that worked at Beuchler's shop as kids that went on to make great contributions to films. Really helped out the field and gave many people their start.
By static14
@Evan VII is my favorite Jason makeup hands down. That might be a big reason for my love for the movie.
By EvanCampbell
Static I will definitely view it with an open heart and a love for the series. As long as Jason kills and breaks stuff with extreme physical force I will be happy.
By Mateo Sanboval
EvanCampbell wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:12 pm Static I will definitely view it with an open heart and a love for the series. As long as Jason kills and breaks stuff with extreme physical force I will be happy.
It's the simple pleasures that make life worth living.
By Hatter313
Sometime last week or so I restarted the x files again. It wasn’t intentional, I didn’t plan this. I’m now halfway through season 4. I do this about once every 2 years but I rarely do the whole thing. Given the widely different living style this year, that’s probably going to change
By EvanCampbell
Hatter - When the x files originally aired I did not see any of them. I worked on one episode of the x files titled Humbug. I think the makeup artist that normally did the show in Canada did not have enough time to do both the make-up and the main creature in the episode. So they contacted the studio I was working at in LA. It was a Friday and they needed the finished creature on set that monday So the breakdown was one day for the sculpture, one day for a foam copy and one for simple rod puppet mechanics. I remember that there was a drawing design that we were waiting on approval and window of time for sculpting was dwindling. So I just started sculpting kind of a deformed baby type thing. I remember thinking of the funhouse baby and put a cleft mouth in it. So I sculpted little Lenord in 13 hours and it was handed off to the mold makers. I also thought it was going to be awful looking. Years later I bought a vhs copy of the episode and was pleasantly surprised at how fun the show ended up being. Also because they barely showed the little twin if was ok. Just recently started watching the shows...very enjoyable.
By Mateo Sanboval
EvanCampbell wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:32 pm Hatter - When the x files originally aired I did not see any of them. I worked on one episode of the x files titled Humbug. I think the makeup artist that normally did the show in Canada did not have enough time to do both the make-up and the main creature in the episode. So they contacted the studio I was working at in LA. It was a Friday and they needed the finished creature on set that monday So the breakdown was one day for the sculpture, one day for a foam copy and one for simple rod puppet mechanics. I remember that there was a drawing design that we were waiting on approval and window of time for sculpting was dwindling. So I just started sculpting kind of a deformed baby type thing. I remember thinking of the funhouse baby and put a cleft mouth in it. So I sculpted little Lenord in 13 hours and it was handed off to the mold makers. I also thought it was going to be awful looking. Years later I bought a vhs copy of the episode and was pleasantly surprised at how fun the show ended up being. Also because they barely showed the little twin if was ok. Just recently started watching the shows...very enjoyable.
You sweet baby-making son of a gun.