A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
The ridiculously amazing Limited Edition UHD of The Beastmaster arrived from Vinegar Syndrome. This is the most extravagant set for a mediocre movie I own. I watched the film so much when I was younger but haven't seen it in years. It really is not that great but the restoration is nice and I fucking love the packaging for this set. Sorry about the photo bomb incoming but wanted everyone to see how ridiculous this set is.

By static14
mine showed up today too. :)
Attachments
B03A14BE-0886-441C-9F4E-D94344883551.jpeg
B03A14BE-0886-441C-9F4E-D94344883551.jpeg (2.29 MiB) Viewed 1671 times
By monsterworship
beastmaster release looks great. i only went with Fade to Black, my order has been lost in transit for the last month though.
By 334578rpm
I went with the full BF bundle. BeastMaster will be a first time watch for me.
Once I get it, that is. I should have received it days ago, but it's stuck in USPS limbo.
By static14
monsterworship wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:25 pm beastmaster release looks great. i only went with Fade to Black, my order has been lost in transit for the last month though.
Wonder if their new transfer of FTB is what Shudder is streaming. Watched it in October and it looked pretty darn good.
By 334578rpm
static14 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:47 pm
monsterworship wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:25 pm beastmaster release looks great. i only went with Fade to Black, my order has been lost in transit for the last month though.
Wonder if their new transfer of FTB is what Shudder is streaming. Watched it in October and it looked pretty darn good.
Someone on the BR.com forums asked that, and one of the VS guys replied that theirs is a different scan.
By 334578rpm
deafmetal wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:55 pm
334578rpm wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:37 pm I went with the full BF bundle. BeastMaster will be a first time watch for me.
ARE
YOU
SERIOUS?
Haha, yeah I'm looking forward to seeing it. Seems right up my alley.
Though as a 3d fan, Silent Madness will probably be my first watch if the bunch.
By Hatter313
Honestly didn’t even know about this release. Will have to consider it haha
By deafmetal
Beastmaster was a blast as a young kid back in the 80's. It was not such an earth-shattering experience for me as something like Conan The Barbarian or Dragonslayer, but it was a fun romp and it also seemed to show up on the cable channels like TBS almost every weekend. I'm sure I had it dubbed onto a vhs tape anyway. My sister and I could probably quote the entire movie.
By inksb

I'm about half way through this and enjoying it a lot. Fun Korean monster series. Lots of effects used, both good and bad. It has quite a bit of charm. The story flies by, almost too fast. Worth checking out.

Watched this today, it was quite fun. It's such a shame that Stuart was always shafted with low budgets.

This one was something. Lots of great beheading effects. A weird ass take on the "virgin saved for satan" plot.
By Mateo Sanboval
Robot Jox is the shit.
By inksb
Alice Sweet Alice is great. I have 88 Films bluray and have been meaning to upgrade to Arrow's.
By ChrisMcQueen007
inksb wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:01 pm Alice Sweet Alice is great. I have 88 Films bluray and have been meaning to upgrade to Arrow's.
Yeah, same here.
Guess those recent remasters are the reason we get the score from WW next year. My most anticipated from the releases they announced.
By inksb
Well this was excellent. I knew absolutely nothing about it, I haven't watched a Pixar film since Coco (which I loved). Their last few just didn't really look all that interesting. Seeing this streaming in 4K was quite fun too. I'm happy they put it up on Disney+. Voice cast is great, animation is beautiful as expected with some really clever design choices. I was puzzled to see Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross as the composers for a film about a Jazz musician but in the context of the film their work was perfect. I immediately ordered the score which was really cheap on Amazon. Highly recommended.

A friend of mine has been going on and on about this for about a week, saying it's the funniest thing he's seen in ages. I finally sat down to watch it yesterday. While I didn't find it nearly as entertaining as he did, I did think it was a very well done little flick. Basically a punk band is in need of a van for their first tour and they meet a guy who's willing to haul them around, they soon find out he's a bit of a monster. There are some fun moments sprinkled through out, if you've ever been in a band when you're young and tried to get gigs you can relate to these guys. There's one moment that really seemed out of place and it's a very obvious Troma reference, so obvious that they even had a Toxie clip on the TV 5 minutes prior to it occurring. It was unnecessary but what ever I'm sure lots of people find that humor funny? It's on Amazon Prime so if you are in the mood for a low budget horror comedy and have nothing else to do give it a shot.
By Bezulsqy
Romolo Guerrieri's 1978 Sono stato un agente CIA a.k.a. Covert Action
score by Stelvio Cipriani

By ScoJo
IMG_0369.JPG
IMG_0369.JPG (809.75 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Happy new year ya glorious basterds!
By Mateo Sanboval
Chin, chin!
By Bezulsqy
Gianfranco Giagni's 1988 Il nido del ragno a.k.a. The Spider Labyrinth
score by Franco Piersanti