A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By CrossedPete
This is a first time watch for me but Carl Weathers is in it so I’m in
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 1411 times
By CrossedPete
I got to say I really enjoyed this movie. Pam Grier was great and Carl Weathers plays an Assassin what’s not to like? The music is Excellent as well does anyone know anything about the composer Luchi de Jesus? He seemed to do a lot of TV work and a couple films.
https://youtu.be/nHXmJL8gJyw
By inksb
I've never heard of that one. I'll have to add it to my list. I'm a big sucker for Pam Grier and adding Carl Weathers only sweetens the pot.

Time for more JCVD post Quest re-evaluation:

I'll start by saying why I have no recollection of this one and why I probably completely ignored it, it came out in '98 and co-starred Rob Schneider.......Rob Schneider. Ok, now that is over. Holy hell this one is really good. This is my kind of film. I fucking love Hong Kong action films and this is exactly that. Not only is it directed one by of the prominent 90's HK action directors but is shot in HK with 90% HK cast. They just plopped JCVD, Rob & Lela into HK film. It was nice to see JCVD play kind of a doof who's not great at everything for the first part of the film, he obviously kicks some ass in the back half but it was fairly restrained for him, it makes me wonder how much "pull" he had with Tsui Hark. I know JCVD was a bit of a monster to deal with in the late 80's/early 90's but his popularity was waning at this point. For those that have not seen this and like action films, do yourself a favor and give a watch. It's excellent.
By CrossedPete
@inks if you like Pam Grier you’ll probably enjoy this movie. The music is great. I think it might be a Carl Weathers appreciation weekend for me I’m thinking about watching some of his classics.

At first I thought I haven’t seen Knock Off but when I watched the trailer it all came flooding back to me. Especially seeing Rob Schneider, I probably rented it when it came out watched it and forgot about it. Maybe time to revisit after yours and @bezs’ reviews.
By Mateo Sanboval
Get after it, Pete!
By CrossedPete
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 1358 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 1358 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 1358 times
Man I love this movie so much it’s damn near close to a perfect movie. I remember a time there were only 2 Predator movies. I would sit around wondering why they never kept making more Predator movies. Then AvP come out then the next one, so forth. Now I’m pining for the days there were just two.
By Hatter313
I just watched the 4k on Sunday, so excellent. Also I love that everyone always takes a pic of the handshake haha
By CrossedPete
Wait so I’m not being witty, cool or original?....... meh I’m good with it. It’s such an iconic shot that to me evokes solidarity and friendship so why not post it on a forum like this.
By Mateo Sanboval
So much cooking oil.
By CrossedPete
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.13 MiB) Viewed 1317 times
Starting the day with the Apollo Creed saga been watching Rocky. These movies are like a warm blanket to me I usually watch them once a year. I love that Joe Spinell is in the movie. He plays a perfect low life loan shark. I’m also a huge Burgess Meredith fan he is also amazing as Mickey
By Mateo Sanboval
A great and excellenet film.
By Bezulsqy
@CrossedPete
Last year my girlfriend and her 20 year old son watched Rocky for the first time... They loved it. It was not what they were expecting. It is a fantastic movie. I need to revisit all the others again.

Tonight I am having my first evening by myself with peanuts, beers and movies. It has been a while. No JCVD tonight though. I am thinking at least one horror and one giallo. And maybe something else to finish. First I need to go through everything that has been posted here the last day and a half :-)
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:05 pm @CrossedPete
Last year my girlfriend and her 20 year old son watched Rocky for the first time... They loved it. It was not what they were expecting. It is a fantastic movie. I need to revisit all the others again.

Tonight I am having my first evening by myself with peanuts, beers and movies. It has been a while. No JCVD tonight though. I am thinking at least one horror and one giallo. And maybe something else to finish. First I need to go through everything that has been posted here the last day and a half :-)
I have two questions, Bez. Are the peanuts shelled or unshelled? And where the heck does "Fantastic" fit into the "Great/Excellent" ratings system?
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:10 pm

I have two questions, Bez. Are the peanuts shelled or unshelled? And where the heck does "Fantastic" fit into the "Great/Excellent" ratings system?
freshly roasted shelled peanuts... is there another kind to go with Belgian beer?

In the case of Rocky you can read my fantastic as if I wrote exceptional :-) In my eyes it is a masterpiece.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:19 pm

freshly roasted shelled peanuts... is there another kind to go with Belgian beer?

In the case of Rocky you can read my fantastic as if I wrote exceptional :-) In my eyes it is a masterpiece.
Your ratings system will be the death of me yet, I swear.

And you've made the obvious and correct choice for peanuts, of course, as I knew you would. Now...what's on tap?
By CrossedPete
Rocky II
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 1283 times
A few years ago in Stallone’s web store he was selling a replica of his tiger jacket. Man was I close to buying it. Kinda wished I did
By CrossedPete

They are worth a rewatch for sure. 1-4 are exceptional in my book. I would love to hear your thoughts maybe you should add Stallone to your rewatch/rate project. Curious how they would rank with all his great action flicks. I feel it would make for an interesting top 10
By static14
:)
Attachments
9254BE54-468D-465B-92E3-8E5561B5909C.gif
9254BE54-468D-465B-92E3-8E5561B5909C.gif (1.58 MiB) Viewed 1277 times
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:48 pm

And you've made the obvious and correct choice for peanuts, of course, as I knew you would. Now...what's on tap?
Sorry about my ratings. I get confused myself sometimes. I should simply say: like or dislike.

I started m y first viewing with an unremarkable Dutch blonde while watching the remarkable Barbara Bouchet in

Silvio Amadio's 1972 Alla ricerca del piacere a.k.a. Amuck

Halfway through I opened a rather fantastic Belgian brew from La Source Beer Co.:

By CrossedPete
Very nice @bez I was drinking this Weekend Warrior IPA
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 1273 times
Now I’m having this Berliner Weisse
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 1273 times
By CrossedPete
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.25 MiB) Viewed 1267 times
“Damn Rock come on.... What’s the matter with you?”
“Tomorrow”
“There is no tomorrow”
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:10 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:48 pm

Sorry about my ratings. I get confused myself sometimes. I should simply say: like or dislike.
Don't you dare change a thing.