A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
This has turned into a very fascinating list. I'm honestly surprised how many late period films are on this list. It's given me a reason to watch a bunch of stuff I've skipped.
By Mateo Sanboval
Preach, Bez. Preach!
By static14
EvanCampbell wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:56 am 20210307_214411.jpg
There are twelve new reasons to be terrified. Introducing...in no particular order Axe...Hangman....Doc...Archer....and I forgot the rest. Fun 80's cheese
Seems Terror Vision is going to be releasing this score later in the year. :)
By Hatter313
I don’t know this movie at all, time to change that I guess
By Bezulsqy
37. Kill 'm All (2017)

I really did not like this movie for 90% of the time. The way the story was told irritated me a lot. The final fight looked great though. But I do not recommend this movie.

30. Assassination Games
31. Street Fighter
32. The Hard Corps
33. Derailed
34. Kill 'm all
35. Dragon Eyes (not that bad as a movie but too little JCVD in it)
36. Swelter (movie was worse than Dragon Eyes but JCVD was better)
By Bezulsqy
38. Black Water (2018)

JCVD and Dolf Lundgren! This was not bad. Not great either. Bad I got more than I expected. Final shootout was stupid. As was some other stuff. But on the whole not too bad.

* JCVD
1. Timecop
2. Hard Target
3. Bloodsport
4. Cyborg
5. Nowhere to Run
6. Maximum Risk
7. In Hell
8. Legionnaire
9. Replicant
10. Knock Off
11. Wake of Death
12. Until Death
13. Pound of Flesh

14. Lionheart
14. Kickboxer
14. No Retreat, No Surrender
14. Death Warrant
14. Double Impact (of course everyone should see this one, same as Cyborg)
14. Sudden Death
14. The Quest
14. Double Team
14. Enemies Closer

23. Black Water
24. Black Eagle
25. Inferno (it is near the bottom but if you feel a bit silly do watch this one)

26. The Order
26. Second in Command
26. The Shepherd
26. Six Bullets
26. Welcome to the Jungle

31. Assassination Games
32. Street Fighter
33. The Hard Corps
34. Derailed
35. Kill 'm all
36. Dragon Eyes (not that bad as a movie but too little JCVD in it)
37. Swelter (movie was worse than Dragon Eyes but JCVD was better)
By Bezulsqy
39. Lukas a.k.a. The Bouncer (2018)

1. Lukas
* JCVD
2. Timecop
3. Hard Target
Attachments
CD81086B-AED9-407F-A284-342C532BC114.jpeg
CD81086B-AED9-407F-A284-342C532BC114.jpeg (1.63 MiB) Viewed 1741 times
By Bezulsqy
I have 4 Universal Soldiers and 2 Kickboxers and his last movie still to go (and maybe Expendables 2) but for this week I am done.

Lukas/The Bouncer was fantastic. The Belgian style and scenery. The use of sound. JCVD as you have never seen him before. Completely different than all the other movies I have seen. And like the movie JCVD this one couldn't have the impact without all the films that came before it. It is another bleak movie. A fantastic one.

Unfortunately my copy has parts dubbed to English. JC is speaking French and English in this one. For instance with his daughter and a police officer he speaks French and with the bad guys he speaks English. In my copy he always speaks English. I am going to buy the Belgian/French BR to get the original language track.

I don't know what else to say. This is not a movie that you would associate with JCVD. You would never think he would be able to play like he does here.
By EvanCampbell
"You know what this is for Warren...it's for jacking off." As Bronson slams suck machine on the table....in the audience my family applauds.
By horrorfromthetv
EvanCampbell wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:16 pm "You know what this is for Warren...it's for jacking off." As Bronson slams suck machine on the table....in the audience my family applauds.
10tomidnight.gif
10tomidnight.gif (878.74 KiB) Viewed 1646 times
By Bezulsqy
40. Kickboxer: Vengeance (2016)

A re-make from Kickboxer (1989)with JCVD as the trainer. This was a very well made re-make. I enjoyed it a lot because of the amount of fighting JCVD also still does. A lot of references to the original. Looking at the list below I find it now strange that the original Kickboxer is at 15 as my feeling after watching this one is that I could be higher. But that is what happens when you watch 40 JCVD movies in a short period of time. I prefer the OG but will rate the re-make the same.

1. Lukas
* JCVD
2. Timecop
3. Hard Target
4. Bloodsport
5. Cyborg
6. Nowhere to Run
7. Maximum Risk
8. In Hell
9. Legionnaire
10. Replicant
11. Knock Off
12. Wake of Death
13. Until Death
14. Pound of Flesh

15. Lionheart
15. Kickboxer
15. Kickboxer: Vengeance
15. No Retreat, No Surrender
15. Death Warrant
15. Double Impact (of course everyone should see this one, same as Cyborg)
15. Sudden Death
15. The Quest
15. Double Team
15. Enemies Closer

25. Black Water
26. Black Eagle
27. Inferno (it is near the bottom but if you feel a bit silly do watch this one)

28. The Order
28. Second in Command
28. The Shepherd
28. Six Bullets
28. Welcome to the Jungle

33. Assassination Games
34. Street Fighter
35. The Hard Corps
36. Derailed
37. Kill 'm all
38. Dragon Eyes (not that bad as a movie but too little JCVD in it)
39. Swelter (movie was worse than Dragon Eyes but JCVD was better)
By inksb

The Young Master, directed by Jackie Chan, released in 1980. This was a first time watch for me and it was a lot of fun. Jackie was quite funny here but not due to his usual body gags, just his character had some great moments with other characters. Lots of traditional 70's era fights, ie very staged and choreographed dances but they were pretty much non stop. I would say close to 80% of the run time is fights. There was one fight where a convict escapes from his captors that was a more brutal and agressive fighting style, no hit > block > deflect like the usual fights. He just decimated them with fast hits, it almost seems like Jackie was starting to dabble in more realistic fights but didn't want to go full in for the film. A surprising final fight that goes on for almost 10 minutes is just Jackie getting his ass kicked, it was so one sided I was very surprised to see the finale be that way, he obviously turns it around at the last second but still it was an interesting choice for sure.

Dudikoff! I haven't seen this one in many many years. It's still as ridiculous as I remember. I think Ninja 3: The Dominion is still my favorite Cannon ninja film but this one is up there too. I need to revisit the rest of the American Ninja films to see how they hold up.

First time watch for me, actually I don't think I've seen any Death Wish films. I've been on a Cannon kick lately and this one is highly regarded. Bronson is just in Bronson mode, I loved the scene where he walks up to the guys trying to jack his car, asks a question, casually shoots them dead and walks back to his dinner. Also the reverse mohawk never really took off did it?

Any new horror or sci-fi movies/shows release this year that I should check out? I've not been paying much attention.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:35 pm Image

The Young Master, directed by Jackie Chan, released in 1980. This was a first time watch for me and it was a lot of fun. Jackie was quite funny here but not due to his usual body gags, just his character had some great moments with other characters. Lots of traditional 70's era fights, ie very staged and choreographed dances but they were pretty much non stop. I would say close to 80% of the run time is fights. There was one fight where a convict escapes from his captors that was a more brutal and agressive fighting style, no hit > block > deflect like the usual fights. He just decimated them with fast hits, it almost seems like Jackie was starting to dabble in more realistic fights but didn't want to go full in for the film. A surprising final fight that goes on for almost 10 minutes is just Jackie getting his ass kicked, it was so one sided I was very surprised to see the finale be that way, he obviously turns it around at the last second but still it was an interesting choice for sure.

Dudikoff! I haven't seen this one in many many years. It's still as ridiculous as I remember. I think Ninja 3: The Dominion is still my favorite Cannon ninja film but this one is up there too. I need to revisit the rest of the American Ninja films to see how they hold up.

First time watch for me, actually I don't think I've seen any Death Wish films. I've been on a Cannon kick lately and this one is highly regarded. Bronson is just in Bronson mode, I loved the scene where he walks up to the guys trying to jack his car, asks a question, casually shoots them dead and walks back to his dinner. Also the reverse mohawk never really took off did it?

Any new horror or sci-fi movies/shows release this year that I should check out? I've not been paying much attention.
Death Wish 3 is Peak...everything.
By Bezulsqy
41. Kickboxer: Retaliation (2018)

Some great fighting and ludicrous plot and pretty funny and blind JCVD. Starring The Highlander together with the guy who bit a piece out of Holyfield's ear.
Where do you put this one on the list? Of course JCVD is not the main star as he was not in the 2016 re-make but he still has some great moments in these. If you want to see some great fighting choreography then this is for you. And if you are a real JCVD fan this is also not bad. Let's place this around the 28th spot...

28. The Order
28. Second in Command
28. The Shepherd
28. Six Bullets
28. Welcome to the Jungle
28. Kickboxer: Retaliation
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:35 pm Any new horror or sci-fi movies/shows release this year that I should check out? I've not been paying much attention.
If you still have not seen The Night I do recommend it. I also have Saint Maud in my to watch pile. The Stylist also seems interesting. I also still need to see El Hoyo (The Platform) from 2019.
By vinyljunkie
inksb wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:35 pm Image

Check out Sputnik, A Glitch in the Matrix, Come True, Possessor, The Empty Man and The Vigil...
By inksb
vinyljunkie wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:16 pm Check out Sputnik, A Glitch in the Matrix, Come True, Possessor, The Empty Man and The Vigil...
Come True is on my list. Looking forward to that one. I've seen Possessor, loved it but the rest I haven't heard of. I will investigate.
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:50 pm If you still have not seen The Night I do recommend it. I also have Saint Maud in my to watch pile. The Stylist also seems interesting. I also still need to see El Hoyo (The Platform) from 2019.
Thanks, I'll look into those.
By vinyljunkie
inksb wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:49 pm
vinyljunkie wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:16 pm Check out Sputnik, A Glitch in the Matrix, Come True, Possessor, The Empty Man and The Vigil...
Come True is on my list. Looking forward to that one. I've seen Possessor, loved it but the rest I haven't heard of. I will investigate.
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:50 pm If you still have not seen The Night I do recommend it. I also have Saint Maud in my to watch pile. The Stylist also seems interesting. I also still need to see El Hoyo (The Platform) from 2019.
Thanks, I'll look into those.
NP, I really liked The Stylist and Sator as well...