A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
static14 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:37 pm @Bez how was it? Gonna try and watch it at some point this weekend if I can.
Just finished it half an hour ago. I liked it. But not going to say too much. Very curious to hear what others think.
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:56 pm It contains some Bruno Nicolai…

I really liked this one and that Nicolai cue from The Red Queen Kills 7 Times was such a treat
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:11 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:56 pm It contains some Bruno Nicolai…

I really liked this one and that Nicolai cue from The Red Queen Kills 7 Times was such a treat
Yes, I am changing my rating from 3,5/5 to 4/5 because I liked it a little bit more then Late Night with the Devil (liked that one as well but it was missing something for me to give it higher marks).
By static14
Watched Poor Things last night. We liked it quite a bit. Visually pretty stellar, and the cast is excellent, but it could have been a bit shorter for my taste.
By ScoJo
Currently flattened by my first bout with Covid. I had a good run. Got it visiting my old man in hospital of course. Luckily I wangled a booster shot about 4mths ago so, not too grim so far.

Saw a Ron Howard doc at the weekend and realised there are many I’ve never seen - ie A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man, Frost/Nixon. Far and Away! And others. Going to start with Apollo 13 rewatch.

Night Shift revisit is long overdue. And Ransom. And Backdraft.

What are y’alls Top 3 Opie flicks?

Off top of my head i would probably go

Apollo 13
Parenthood
Splash
By inksb
ScoJo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:18 pm Currently flattened by my first bout with Covid. I had a good run. Got it visiting my old man in hospital of course. Luckily I wangled a booster shot about 4mths ago so, not too grim so far.

Saw a Ron Howard doc at the weekend and realised there are many I’ve never seen - ie A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man, Frost/Nixon. Far and Away! And others. Going to start with Apollo 13 rewatch.

Apollo 13
Parenthood
Splash
Honestly I'm not a huge fan of Ron. He's a very good director but for me he comes off as a "director for hire" type guy, none of his stuff really had any impact on me. That said I've enjoyed quite a bit of what I've seen, looking at his imdb the most recent film from him that I've seen is A Beautiful Mind.

My top 3 would probably be Willow, Ransom and Backdraft? I dont' know I've only seen most of his stuff one time outside of Willow which I watched a lot in the early 90s

Hope covid is a light case for you and it's just a few days of you being low energy. Thought I had it back in January but it ended up being flu type A and it was horrible
By The Cult Leader
ScoJo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:18 pm Currently flattened by my first bout with Covid. I had a good run. Got it visiting my old man in hospital of course. Luckily I wangled a booster shot about 4mths ago so, not too grim so far.

Apollo 13
Parenthood
Splash
Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man, and Frost/Nixon are all definitely worthy of your time if you haven't seen them yet.

I just took a quick look at his filmography and 2008s Frost Nixon is the last movie he directed that I enjoyed.
By ScoJo
Took a break from Opie to dig into first five eps of Sugar. Apple TV. Colin Farrell. If you’re into self aware LA detective noir this is for you, I’m eating it up.

Saw a few mentions that there’s a huge reveal in ep 6 next week, that completely flips the script. I have a couple theories, which I’ll keep to myself. (If I’m even remotely close…. it’s pretty frickin bold, I’ll say that. My only hint is that I think there’s a clue in the two prominent EP names behind the show, and their previous credits.)

I’ll def be buying Ali Shaheed and Adrian Younge’s score if it gets a wax release, which it should.

http://youtu.be/_aiRhbMJqW8?feature=shared
Last edited by ScoJo on Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:22 pm Took a break from Opie to dig into first five eps of Sugar. Apple TV. Colin Farrell. If you’re into self aware LA detective noir this is for you, I’m eating it up.

Saw a few mentions that there’s a huge reveal in ep 6 next week, that completely flips the script. I have a couple theories, which I’ll keep to myself. (If I’m even remotely close…. it’s pretty frickin bold, I’ll say that. My only hint is that I think there’s a clue in the two prominent EP names behind the show, and their previous credits.)

I’ll def be buying Ali Shaheed and Adrian Younge’s score if it gets a wax release, which it should.

http://youtu.be/_aiRhbMJqW8?feature=shared
I will check this one out after it finishes. Sounds really like my cup of tea.
By inksb
New Project (1).jpg
New Project (1).jpg (73.37 KiB) Viewed 87 times
Recently watched.

Love Lies Bleeding is excellent

Immaculate I loved, I didn't think it was going to be for me but it surprised me. Sydney gave a fantastic performance

Late Night With the Devil was fun but nothing particularly spectacular, a slight spin on the exorcism genre. I did like what they chose for the final appearance of the creature

We finished Shogun and I will reiterate my early praise for it, it's one of the best mini series I've watched in a while. Watch it