A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By monsterworship
Bone Tomahawk is now streaming for free with Amazon Prime. Check it out for sure. (Also came out on blu last week)

One of my top movies of last year.
A brutal horror western with top notch acting from Kurt Russel, Richard Jenkins, Matthew Fox.
By Hatter313
changed my rather low opinion of Mathew Fox around almost immediately, and it may have one of the most brutal kills i've ever seen on film. Absolutely killer movie, and for may money a more interesting and worthy performance from Russell than in hateful 8, which i liked but felt was a little self indulgent and meandering for that middle chunk.
By sonnydexter
@Hatter313 I was impressed with Mr Fox in this too, great character and his performance was on point - I can't fault any one in this film really - my man Kurt was smooth as fook and I totally believed in him , the only the exception would be the acting of Lili Simmons (Samantha) - for someone that ended up in her position I would have expected a different reaction to the overly casual underplayed attitude, but then again maybe she was directed to do so ...hmmm.

With regards the brutal kill - I found that pretty hard to view, I thought Green Inferno had a particularly brutal moment until I watched this haha.

Anyone that still hasn't seen it - do it, do it now!
By Bezulsqy
Just finished watching this. I like it, but was expecting a bit more action. Brutal kill though. And Kurt Russel is great. Matthew Fox was okay. I did like his character, but he looked like Matthew Fox too much :-) The old man got a tad annoying in parts. And I agree about the performance from Lili Simmons: to understated at the end.
Didn't notice the score until just before the credits... And not to special for my taste.

All in all a very entertaining watch, but not one I feel the need to revisit soon.
By Mateo Sanboval
Just finished and I loved it. One of the best movies of last year. A film you'd never need to see again to remember every moment. The down beats were as poignant as the action was indelible. I'm a sucker for a good, esoteric western, but other than that, not much else to say.

PS - Cult, that is one fine looking sketch, sir. I would love to see the finished product if you'd care to share when that time comes.
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote: A film you'd never need to see again to remember every moment.
That is a much better way to describe what I thought :-)
By static14
I watched it a few months ago and I was so glad that I hadn't read much about aside from it straddling genres.

Easily one of my favorites from last year. It's rare to find a dual genre film that handles each brilliantly on its own.
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:I watched it a few months ago and I was so glad that I hadn't read much about aside from it straddling genres.
Bingo. I didn't even know that it had any horror elements to it. What a treat.