A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

I would love to have Billy's phone calls, as a an aspect of the Waxwork release...they are genuinely the creepiest and most disturbing calls ever made in the history of film. They're a towering presence in this movie, little works of art in themselves.

Re: Carpenter. The 'rumour mill' claims that he approached Clark (director) about making a sequel to Black Christmas. I thought the scene where Jess finds the 'posed bodies' of Barb and Phyl...to be very reminiscent of the scene where Laurie finds Annie, Linda & Bob's 'posed bodies' in Hallowe'en.

I noticed Videodrome's Barry Convex (Les Carlson) as the telephone exchange technician....tracing the calls etc. The film was produced in association with The Famous Players, who also backed Cronenberg's Videodrome.
@horseloverphat, that's interesting, I didn't know that re: Carpenter.

I enjoyed tuning in for the sync, even with a smaller number. I felt it this morning though when I had to get up and drive to work. I'll keep an open mind about Waxwork's release. They haven't disappointed before, but it's difficult to imagine it being a record I'd listen to regularly.

I'll maybe put out feelers for another sync in the new year, and possibly see how a slightly earlier start time suits everyone.

Cheers