A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
Because of a list of films Hatter313 posted I watched House of the Devil yesterday. No idea why I missed this when it came out. I knew nothing about it, except that I knew that Death Waltz released the soundtrack.
Before it started I assumed it was set in the present, bur was pleasantly surprised to see it set in the eighties. I made me want to buy a walkman again :-)
Because of the title and the synopsis you know where it is going to go. The time it took to get there was spot on for me. I loved the suspense when she was roaming through the house. The blood was fantastic :-) But I was disappointed with the last part. After the long and slow suspense part, the climax felt just too rushed and short. I did like the end scene where the credit roll over. But the part before that. I just wished for more…
The soundtrack was good. I felt like a lot of different styles together. From rock to electronic to orchestral. Not sure yet how a feel about it when listening to it outside of the film. How does it sound on the picture disc the subscribers have?
In the end it found a very entertaining watch. Thanks Hatter for the tip!
By Hatter313
My pleasure.

I actually really dig listening to that score on its own, and it was the inaugural spin on the project debut 3 I upgraded to back in March. That title track is just killer and then the record dips into this beautiful melancholy I can't get enough of.

I'm glad my list is helping you out man. ill say this, without this forum I don't know that a lot of these would have landed on my radar as early as they did. Something like "the guest", which was my favorite film of last year, is something that I never even would have noticed if not for people here plugging it.
By Bezulsqy
The Guest is definetly one I'm going to check out soon. Most if not all of the Death Waltz releases are in my wishlist, but it is hard to have money left to spend on older releases with all this great new stuff coming out.
But eventually I will get there :-)

Did you ever see Eden Lake? That's one I recommend highly. No idea about the score though...
By Hatter313
Eden Lake has been on my watch list forever, still haven't gotten around to it. will check it out, thanks for the reco