A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
@disco I shant
By deafmetal
Slow it down now.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Chaps, that was phantastic. I could have a room in my house playing this flick on repeat, The Phantasm Lounge. I'm off to nightmare land now, but as ever I've really enjoyed your company. Til next time.......remember: WARNING SHOTS ARE BULLSHIT!
By deafmetal
Boy! Good times.
By static14
that was fantastic
By Occhionero
To do list for tomorrow morning: shower, coffee, listen to that amazing score, ....

By static14
for the folks watching it the first time around what did you think?
By Occhionero
Have a good night and some nightmares folks....
By deafmetal
Thanks for putting this together, @disco. Great times, and glad I could make it this time.
By thewaystation
@static, @disco Intrigued by the surreal scenes (dwarves, crystal ball...), and obviously by the score. Didn't feel much for the protagonists, though. Very interesting film to which I'll certainly return. Feels as if it was stretched b/w what we would call Jodorowskyan/Lynchyan elements today, and a generic late 70s/ early 80s teenage flic, no?

Anyway, thanks as always for setting this up, @disco! Once again, it's been a pleasure and a privilege.
By Spun out of control
Yeah, wasn't a masterpiece by any stretch.... nodding off a bit towards the end - but a fun watch overall. Always good to do these group viewings... learn something new from the combined knowledge on here as well as watch or re-visit a movie that you wouldn't normally take in every day of the week (and even if the movie in question is a bit cheesy in places, the enthusiasm shown by others goes a long way to adding to the enjoyment) ;)
By static14
It's always nice to hear what other folks think of this flick. I have a strong love for it from my youth, but I can completely understand why it might not be everyone's cup of tee.
By thewaystation
Would be interesting to hear what you felt for the film when you were young - and how / why it is still holding up today, @static, @disco?
I tend to be enthusiastic about films that offer glimpses of sth. unthinkable, of sth. that doesn't make much sense even in the context of the film. "Phantasm" certainly ticked a few boxes there. Found it quite daring in parts, but a bit conservative (if that is the right word here) in ohers.
By DISCOSUCKS...
To round off last night's Phantasm Phun...Don Coscarelli just favourited my gushing tweet! :D

By deafmetal
I have a fondness for Phantasm because it was one of the first spooky "gore" films I ever saw as a young lad, even though compared to other films of the era it's actually not really that gory. I distinctly remember my jaw hitting the floor though on the first sentinel sphere "brain drill" scene. That was imprinted very deeply on my psyche. X]