A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
Last month I went to see Mad Max in the cinema and that was the first movie in 6 years I watched in a theater and the first 3D one ever. I absolutely loved it. I forgot how much fun a movie can be on a big screen. Because of that experience I wanted to see Jurassic World as well in 3D in the cinema.
I was a bit sceptic after reading some reviews, but I thought it was absolutely great. Sure the plot isn't great and all characters were clichés and Mercedes and Samsung product placing annoying, but as an experience in a theater it was like a superb theme park ride. It wasn't boring at any point. The action was well paced. The dinosaurs were created extremely well.
I remember seeing the first Jurassic Park in the theatre and at that time it was state of the art CGI. However watching that one a couple of years ago the effects felt dated. The dinosaurs weren't as believable as when it was first released.
That said, I don't think Jurassic World is going to be that much fun watching it at home or even a second time. Maybe people that go to the cinema more often won't feel the excitement as I did.
From my perspective I recommend this whole heartedly!
And then something about the score (I post this on STBC after all :-) ). With all the action in the movie I didn't notice the score that much. Only during the beginning and end titles and some wide shots af the island. In the end it is not my thing. I don't really like to listen to a orchestrated score as this one on it's own. I prefer the synths and Italian funk to the more classical music.
But listening to some parts of the score I can hear and understand the appeal. Here are some tracks: Jurassic World tracks
By phantomnoir
I hope the soundtrack will be released on vinyl.

I think I'll go see the film in a theatre next week.
By texasvinyl
Score was well done but super generic. You could put it behind any big action movie; I thought it lacked soul.