A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By chiefbrody
Getting ready for the sync tomorrow.

Slightly earlier start time of 9.30PM UK time. See previous thread for 'the rules'.

A YouTube link was posted on the general STBC Film Club thread. Anyone in the UK who's interested, Amazon have it for SD rental for £1.99.

We have a handful confirmed and a couple of hopefuls.

See you tomorrow.
By Spun out of control
Worth tweeting Mr Fabio Frizzi on this score and asking if he is free tomorrow night...? ;)

Longshot perhaps yet he seemed to find the live sync of ZFE a lot of fun.

EDIT: Tweet back from Fabio - he hopes to join us...
By DISCOSUCKS...
Oh goddamit - fate (rather than alcohol) has conspired against me this time, as I've been called in to cover a projection shift at work today. Won't get home til after 10 so I'll plan to catch up my sync and join in for the 2nd half. Fucking annoying tho! Gggggrrrrr......smell you later, guys.

By Spun out of control
@discosucks - Hah, well we thought you'd seen the first half as a teenager anyway on that dark and stormy night ;)

In other news, and movie club/Lucio Fulci related, I guess you guys read that Zombie Flesh Eaters' Richard Johnson passed away yesterday. His daughter, the photographer Sukey Parnell just posted this lovely pic of him taken last August:

Laters taters - back here at 9.30 to let the madness commence.
By chiefbrody
@disco, that's a shame. You're obviously destined to never see the film start to finish! Hope you make it on later.
By chiefbrody
Just over 5 minutes to go. Kettle on...
By Spun out of control
Cue'd up & ready... anyone else about?

While we wait, here's Fabio Frizzi on COTLD's music:

'City Of Living Dead' is a soundtrack that was extraordinary to rediscover... Fulci was constantly putting forward suggestions for the music. I remember that I took a lot of notes when we gathered together with the editor for the definition of musical scores. Adjectives, key phrases, detailed descriptions. On the overall sound design, Lucio was a very instinctive and personally drove the steps of dubbing, noises, and special effects. And when he felt the lack of an element, when he felt an emptiness that he did not like, he intervened with energy to complete the texture.
By popsick
Wasn't sure I'd be here but finally able to join in with one of these. One of my very favourite scores!
By Spun out of control
Great jolt you out of your seat start to a movie - a lone scream against a black screen...

Fabio also talks of his love of the guitar arpeggio on the main theme... and his passion for the classical guitar, with open strings positions...
By Dollarhyde
noise of the rope swinging is a nice touch
By thewaystation
First time I watch this. First minutes are mental.
By BurningTapes
I love this score! The music cues fade down so quick it's almost abrupt in places throughout the film.
By popsick
Yes! Followed by that thudding bass.
By Dollarhyde
that fulci pace in action
By Spun out of control
Frizzi on composing for Fulci:

The composer of film scores has to absorb the story and after being metabolised, translate it into sound image. I wrote music for comedies, dramatic and romantic stories, love and hate. Definitely fear is one of strong sensations for a human being. Telling all this with my music has been a privilege. A challenging task, for which you need a lot of feeling, I think. But it's one of the things that I have had better success with.
By thewaystation
Hi Walter! - As ever so often, the dialogue immediately takes away from what has been created by the score.
By Little Walter
Hey!

Oh god, what is he gonna do with that thing?
By Dollarhyde
this is new york right?
By BurningTapes
Ahh a gentlemens agreement!
By thewaystation
Fabio, would you prefer to score a film without dialogue?