A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By chiefbrody
Getting ready for the sync tomorrow, 17th May, at 10pm GMT.

We have about a dozen confirmed, but all welcome.

I'll pop in at around 9.30 to get things started.

See you there.
By deafmetal
US folks, remember that daylight savings time is in effect, and subtract one less hour from GMT (e.g. -7 Pacific for a 3pm start).
By EvanCampbell
Spun they talk about that on the commentary track lol.

the main effects artist waited in line at the theater to see it opening night. A guy in front of him was staring at the poster..and said out loud in a NY accent "Looks like tree dicks"
By DISCOSUCKS...
Just checking my print of the film, and it has an old-school BBFC 18 certificate at the beginning.

A friendly heads-up to anyone who is playing along with the sync screening, check you're copy and have it ready to start right at the actual first shot of the movie ("model" shot of landscape with meteor falling...)

By chiefbrody
Just under 30 mins to go. Getting set up now.

I've never seen the film before. I'm expecting a kind of Critters/Tremors/Slither vibe... but with tree dicks.
By static14
@chiefbrody It starts at 6pm EST (10pm GMT) ;)
By thewaystation
It's almost 11pm here in Sweden, and I've got the plumber (really!) coming tomorrow at seven. Plus my "Spawn" is still in the mail. Let's do this.
By EvanCampbell
@chiefbrody :) lol yeah slither kind of a rip of this.

To all those who have not seen the film...keep in mind..movie budget was around 25,000 and made on weekends by aspiring friends with a few professionals. Testament to creativity and passion and having fun on a personal project that so many years later it lives on.
By soundtracks of fear
Almost forgot about this, will be YouTube-ing it tonight. A busy weekend but in the house - ready and waiting. Never seen it before and do love that score :)
By thewaystation
@Linus, that is a dubbed version in French (it actually takes a while to find that out as the film does appear to contain little dialogue).

The link posted by disco in the other thread has the English original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cIZpcWGsYQ
By linus
ah cheers!
By BurningTapes
All prepped, listening to the DVD main menu music on repeat
By Occhionero
Now?! Or in 1 hour?
By Occhionero
Two male in a tent. Could be Brokeback Mountain?!