A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By chiefbrody
Following a failed attempt at STBC No.3, we're relaunching with a new purpose. Votes have been cast and we'll be watching 'The Deadly Spawn' this month.
*** SUNDAY 17TH MAY, 10PM GMT ***

The syncs remain the brainchild of @discosucks, and I'm just setting this one up to get it moving. I'm happy for @disco or others to take up the mantle.

As before, please respond to this in the positive if you’re up for joining the sync

A few notes (per @disco's rules):

- The perfect sync should not become too obsessive a goal.
- Go for DVD/Blu if you can. But test that the disc is gonna start promptly at the countdown beforehand
- I’m based in the UK, so again – the timing will probably suit Euro spinner best
- IF YOU’RE NON-EU, PLEASE BY ALL MEANS FEEL FREE TO ORGANISE YOUR OWN SYNC SCREENING IF YOU WISH!
- I’ll start a separate thread here for (sorta) live chat during the show. Again – if anyone wants to take on setting up more of a proper chat room elsewhere, go for it.

IN:
@chiefbrody
@thewaystation
@linus
@occhionero
@dagar
@deafmetal
@spun out of control
@burningtapes
@discosucks
@dollarhyde
@littlewalter
@static14
@EvanCampbell
By BurningTapes
I'm definitely in too, as I haven't seen this one before so it's the perfect opportunity!
By Occhionero
Cool!
If anybody has an legal online link would be nice.
By deafmetal
See you all there.
By thewaystation
Thanks for setting this up. Got the Arrow dvd on the way to me, hopefully it will arrive in time for our sync'd viewing next Sunday :)
By DISCOSUCKS...
@chief - thanks for getting this going, I've been rammed with work of late and let it slide (again).

Happy to take reigns now if you wish - and obviously.....count me in ;)
By DISCOSUCKS...
Btw - guys...if you haven't seen Deadly Spawn....ooohhh you're in for a treat :D

By chiefbrody
@disco - great, glad you're on board.

I figure there's just a 'live' thread to start up next Sunday. I'm happy to see this one through, but also for you to take the reins back next month.

I've actually not seen it before, so need to pick it up this week. Looking forward to it. Looks a good film to sync.

7 days to go people - any more sign-ups?
By Little Walter
Please throw me on the list @chief.
By Dollarhyde
I can do this one,put me down too
By chiefbrody
Cheers guys. Added. Looks like we'll have a good few joining. Thanks.
By static14
count me in :)
By EvanCampbell
I will try to make this also. One of my employers was the puppeteer playing the monster in that suit. This movie to me is the quintessential Saturday afternoon b monster movie. I kind of wish that anyone who had not seen it watch it on there own without all the website distraction and commenting. It had a huge impact on me as a young effects artist. There is some really cool practical effects in this. My first job as a kid was working on the sequel to this movie but it changed concept and title midway. Definitely try to make this..Great choice!
By deafmetal
If anybody is adverse to YouTube rips, it's also available to stream on amazon.com. Stoked for this screening!
By DISCOSUCKS...
Yeah, good call @deaf - I mean, I really threw the YT link up just as a last resort option tbh...you lucky multi-region blu ray peeps can watch the US blu ray! Damn, I'd buy that for a dollar (but sadly don't have region free player yet :(
By thewaystation
DVD just got shipped and is unlikely to make it here by Sunday. Looks like I'll have to resort to one of the links provided.
That set photo posted above is an amazing teaser.