A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By The Cult Leader

Starz has released a first-look motion graphic and teaser art for the 10-episode first season of Ash vs. Evil Dead, premiering in late 2015.

Executive produced by Sam Raimi, Ivan Raimi, Rob Tapert, Bruce Campbell and showrunner Craig DiGregorio, Ash vs. Evil Dead is the long-awaited followup to the classic horror film franchise The Evil Dead. The series continues the adventures of Ash Williams, an aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster-hunter who has spent the last 30 years avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead. But when a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons -– both personal and literal. Destiny, it turns out, has no plans to release the unlikely hero from its "Evil" grip.

Campbell will reprise his role as Ash, joined by newcomers Lucy Lawless, Jill Marie Jones, Ray Santiago and Dana DeLorenzo. Raimi will direct the first episode, which he also co-wrote.
By deafmetal
Please please please be good.
By Spun out of control
This will be a must watch for me, having grown up on the original Evil Dead trilogy amidst all the video nasties furore in the UK...

Plus, thoroughly enjoyed the Spartacus series from Starz with its constant warnings of 'the following programme contains strong language, violence and scenes of a sexual nature from the start...'

I can imagine the dark visual element and stylistic use of CGI will work well for this one also.

Plus, Lucy Lawless is back working with the same team. Have high hopes for this one, chaps - as long as Bruce Campbell can stay off the pies. ;)

"Groovy."

Now, what better excuse for a re-issue of the soundtracks to the original trilogy on vinyl - or a first ever outing for Army of Darkness on vinyl?
By ScoJo
Yes!!

Ep 4 was the best yet - even the quips were a cut above: "Dripping donkey balls!"

Oh, and........Jacksonville. Just that.
By NathanLurker
I'm gonna check episode 4 today, but up to now yes me and my brother have been enjoying the show ! It's not perfect, but I only have complaints that are not really affecting my enjoyment of the show. Joseph Loduca is back on the score, that's very nice ! And the Demon from episode 3 was really cool.
By deathwaltz
I gave up on this a few weeks ago . It's just terrible . Every episode is the same - get to this point fight demon , move on . Acting , effects and script are not great . Was watching this and Jesdica Jones at the same time JJ is worlds ahead . Shame as I was looking forward to it as well.
By deafmetal
The show has fallen off my very brief watch list in December, and I am quite a few episodes behind now. Very disappointing to read that review. While I felt the show lost some stream after the first few episodes which I thought were great, I was hoping it would pick up again once they made it to the cabin.
By monsterworship
I loved the first episode but I lost interest after the next 2.
Then i binge watched the next 5, and i was pretty stoked on it again after that.

the cabin episode was good.
By ScoJo
I think it does help to watch a bunch of episodes together, especially as they're so short. Week week I go back and watch a few previous episodes as a run up to the new one, works really well. This show's is a lot of fun! And that jittery part-practical/part CG demon (with the off-set chroma kinda look to it) is one of the best cine-creatures I've seen in years, love it. And for me it's a natural (and hilarious) progression of the Ash character to make him an out-n-out tool in this.

LoDuca's music is superb.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:This show's is a lot of fun! And that jittery part-practical/part CG demon (with the off-set chroma kinda look to it) is one of the best cine-creatures I've seen in years, love it. And for me it's a natural (and hilarious) progression of the Ash character to make him an out-n-out tool in this.

LoDuca's music is superb.
Yeah, 100% this. I just finished the show and really liked it. All due respect to deathwaltz (and anyone else that understandably finds the episodic show format repetitive), but the "trilogy" wasn't really known for reinventing the wheel each time out. Ash vs Evil Dead is exactly what I hoped it would be: a fun, funny, action packed update/continuation of the series but in the spirit of the Raimi helmed films. I read that it's been renewed for a second series and I am definitely looking forward to that at this point.