A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By scottyboy71
The BFI have listed 10 unusual films that deserve a wider audience. I was somewhat surprised to find out that Lucio Fulci tried his hand at the musical. :)

Amare il tempo (1971)

Director Lucio Fulci

While the no-holds-barred carnage of his later work led to his nickname the ‘Godfather of Gore’, there was so much more to the work of Italian cult legend Lucio Fulci than his reputation might have you believe. Sure, his zombie films will probably always be his most enduring legacy, but he also proved himself a dab hand at a host of other genres – be it thriller, western or lusty sex comedy. But it is only the most die-hard of Fulci aficionados who have been fortunate enough to witness his sole foray into the world of the musical: the weird, wild and rather wonderful Amare il tempo.

Essentially a low-budget riff on West Side Story (but with a little less romance and a lot more violence), this tale of two rival gangs embroiled in a bitter turf war boasts some of Fulci’s most inventive set pieces, while the jazzy overtones of the unexpectedly catchy songs have resulted in its reputation as the holy grail of movie musicals.

And just in case....check the date

BFI Site
By antimax
I never know what's real and what's not on April 1st! But I sure would LOVE to see a Fulci musical! Fulci on ice! ;)