A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By theraygun
For the UK-based among you, the rather bonkers Possession is coming to Blu-ray on July 29, courtesy of Second Sight, currently doing some really good work in this field.

I've cut and pasted the special features…

• THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL - THE MAKING OF POSSESSION
• AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR ANDRZEJ ZULAWSKI
• AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH CO-WRITER FREDERIC TUTEN
• ANDRZEJ ZULAWSKI INTERVIEW
• REPOSSESSED – The film’s UK and US reception, the ‘video nasties’ furore
and the US recut
• A DIVIDED CITY – Interview with the composer Andrzej Korzynski
• OUR FRIEND IN THE WEST – Interview with legendary producer Christian
Ferry
• BASHA – featurette on the artist who created the famed film poster
• THEATRICAL TRAILER

By palmat
Thanks for the info! I´m really into this movie and recently bought the soundtrack released on the Finders Keepers label. Great music and an awesome movie. I'll definetly getting the blu ray.
By carloscadaver
I'm really happy this is coming out, I can't wait to hear about Zulawski's notes on the film. The first time I saw it, completely melted my brain. I had to rewatch it again.. and again. haha.

Soundtrack definitely slays as well.
By Ubik
Utterly stunning film, and quite mind bending the first time you see it. I love how everything is ramped up to utter fever pitch, then Zulawski hits you with the horror reveal. It always struck me as the perfect meeting of B movie and arthouse.

Isabelle Adjani is nothing short of superb in this. Definitely one of my favorite film discoveries of recent years. As already mentioned the soundtrack is top notch too.
By palmat
Mini review:

If you want complete and utter emotional lunacy this batshit crazy movie filled with histrionics up the ying-yang, will fit your bill. It starts out like a bad day at Ingmar Bergman and descends into unbridled craziness that will haunt you long after the credits roll. The acting is brilliant as is the direction and eventhough the plot is more than hard to grasp at times, domestic apocalypse has never been this good.

Sound and vision:
The pq quality veers between pristine and really grainy and murky. Dark, indoor scenes fare the worst. The sound quality is quite good and gets the job done.

Extras:
Interesting stuff all across the board but it is the commentary tracks that carry the most interest.
By aeonblack
Never heard of this one before, and it looks insane and awesome! I'll definitely be picking this one up.