A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Whip Wilson
Leonard Nimoy died this morning. Though I've never been confused with a Star Trek afficiando, he has always seemed larger than life to me. Perhaps part of that was the way he was synonymous with the austerity and subtle compassion he brought to his most famous role. Here's to you, Mr Nimoy.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/ar ... ?referrer=
By Spun out of control
A great shame. Hopefully they will blast his ashes into space, so he can boldly go... (or go boldly)

Never a great Trekkie, but remember watching the repeats of the originals with my dad as a nipper, so fond memories nonetheless
By tonyandrewgiles
Live long & prosper.

RIP Mr Nimoy
By Volzom Zofbie
I'm kind of a trekkie actually. Always prefered some thought provoking sci-fi to that space opera most of you seem to love.

RIP Spock.

By soundtracks of fear
Yeah I'm kinda a trekkie too, but more next gen. Good to see him in Fringe as well. So long Mr Nimoy you seemed like a good egg! :)
By freshoj
Another shining star from the top right. "He grew up 3 blocks from here."
By deafmetal
Sad day. I also recommend his books "I am not Spock" and "I am Spock".
By Purplemule74
I too admit I was saddened by the news of Leonard Nimoy's death.

Of course I loved Spock, but one of his other lessor remembered rolls in the 1978 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers' is fantastic IMHO.

I toyed for a few weeks over the idea of purchasing the Soft Rains album from Seriés Aphōnos, but upon hearing about Nimoy I finally stopped fooling around and ordered it.

Here is a link to the record: NIMOY SOFT RAINS

I'll look forward to spinning Soft Rains and fondly remembering Leonard Nimoy's contributions to popular culture and this man's childhood. RIP.
By Macready
@ Purplemule - did the same thing and ordered Soft Rains at the weekend from Recordstore.co.uk.

They seem to have a decent LP catalogue, and were also selling signed copies of The Duke of Burgundy LP (though they now seem to be gone).