A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
So It seems to be Pretty official that this is being made. Harrison's on board. Ridley too, although not directing. Denis Villeneuve will direct. Imho, as much as I love his previous movies Im glad Ridley has handed over directing duties.

Anyway made me wonder who should take on the soundtrack as the previous film's ost is a big one to follow.

By Dollarhyde
at work so cant listen :P .

How about Rob? of Maniac fame. or Johnny jewel?
Both unlikely but I would be hyped if they did.
By zuko
All the talk is of how great it'll be that Ford and Scott are on board, but Spielberg and Ford were on board for Indy 4 and look how that turned out… Scott even wanted to crowbar a connection to Bladerunner into Prometheus at one point, ugh.

Also, sadly haven't seen any mention of Doug Trumbull being involved.

By jdubtxn
Mansell or Martinez is my vote.
By Dollarhyde
@Zuko

Scott isnt directing though, and eventhough prometheus was a bit broken I think Scott brought something good to it.
By texasvinyl
Air could maybe pull it off.
By pmaligaya
If not Vangelis, Rob (Maniac) or Mica Levi (Under the Skin).
By Dollarhyde
Sinoia Caves?

@jdub Yeah, Martinez sounds like a possible candidate.
By Whip Wilson
Jesus. No one. Please let this get stuck in development hell.
By scottyboy71
I'm a bit with Mateo on this. Blade Runner is a film I've adored practically my entire life and after the horror of the Star Wars prequels and the rage I felt watching Prometheus I am very, very skeptical.
By Dollarhyde
One can hope, who knows what will come of it. I dont see the problem though its not like it will change the original film in any way.
By Little Walter
With any luck, as Mateo said, this project will burn and die.
By NathanLurker
Wait and see, guys. Remakes, reboots and Sequels CAN, sometimes, be good. And if the movie turns out to be bad, it doesn't change anything towards the original.
By Spun out of control
Thought this was a musical discussion guys, as in who could possibly measure up to, or carry the baton on from, the Vangelis original score...? ;)

Very few possibly. Whether another film is a good or bad idea is a moot point, no?
By Dollarhyde
what about .. BOC ?
By Whip Wilson
[quote=56603]"what about .. BOC ?"[/quote]That's about as good an idea as anyone is going to have outside of Vangelis. BOC is probably the only thing I love as unconditionally as the film itself. For the record, I think it's fine for folks to discuss the movie a bit as well. It's only natural. After all, this thread is in the Film Talk forum.
By lazyben
Gary Glitter.

Because he like fucking with things that shouldn't be fucked with.
By Whip Wilson
[quote=56605]"Gary Glitter.

Because he like fucking with things that shouldn’t be fucked with."
[/quote]

By Dollarhyde
I watched 'Prisoners' directed by Denis Villeneuve. A pretty awesome detective thriller, with lots of rain. Don't know if this is why he got the job. Anyway, seeing his direction in this made me hopeful for bladerunner 2.

Prisoners was scored by Johan Johannsson.
By DISCOSUCKS...
Even better than Prisoners (which I liked, but the ending blew) is ENEMY which he shot before Prisoners but only got a limited (belated) release theatrically after the success of his follow up. It's absolutely brilliant, and watching it with insomnia one night at 4am, the ending had me off my ass like I'd been struck by lightning! Seriously good stuff. Has a real Lost Highway vibe to it, though more minimalist in style.

Also worth watching is Incendies, a pretty harrowing account of a shooting in a French polytechnic. Very different from his later films.
By Dollarhyde
@disco

cheers, will try and watch it.
By jdubtxn
I agree Prisoners and Enemy were two of the most though provoking movies I watched last year. So does that mean Jake Gyllenhaal will be the new Blade Runner? If you would have asked me that 3 years ago I would have said hell no to that idea. But lately he seems to be able to transform himself into any roll.